1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198075396016 - (silvebb / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Perseus Dash Jackson, May 10, 2014.

1. Perseus Dash Jackson

Perseus Dash Jackson New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41209622
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198075396016 (silvebb)

Victim profile: 76561198042684972

What happened? Description:
    OK, it's a little bit of a long story, so please bear with me. I wanted to sell a Earbuds for $35 on Paypal and put the offer up on various places including outpost, bazaar, reddit, etc. Eventually, silvebb(then with the display name of EvilCupcake) added me. Well, this is my first time using Paypal, and for some reason I was unable to receive money(probably due to laws of my country); anyway, silvebb/EvilCupcake told me that it was fine and Paypal said he was able to send the money awaiting only confirmation. I trusted him because at the time he had a link on his profile to some rep, and his steam account was fairly old. So I struck a deal and traded him my earbuds, telling him that if the money didn't go through he should trade me back the buds. Well, he claimed he sent the money, but I didn't get it. He asked me to wait 24 hours for it to go through. I did. Still nothing. He then asked me to wait for five hours so he'd do a chargeback and then give me back. I waited. Then he changed his name from EvilCupcake to silvebb, unfriended me, and left. I attempted to add him back, but he did not accept. So, tl;dr version: I went first, he didn't pay. Should've used a middleman, but *sigh.* Hindsight's 20/20.​

Provide Evidence:
    Picture showing the deal: http://i.imgur.com/LcOqQ86.png [Note: I accidentally say "them" but I have never had more than one earbud anyway, so.]

Picture showing inventory history: http://i.imgur.com/y95nv8s.png

Picture showing Paypal history: http://i.imgur.com/LOH1Jcp.png

Please let me know if I require any more evidence. I am very disappointed in myself for falling for such an obvious scam. A pity there's no chance of me getting my earbuds back =/ I really needed that money on some kind of online account. Now I can just hope he won't scam anyone else.

[I have also attached the screenshots, I have merely given links for convenience. Thank you.] View attachment 79996 View attachment 79997 View attachment 79998

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need the entire chat between you and the accused.
  3. Perseus Dash Jackson

Perseus Dash Jackson New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41209622
    I'm afraid I didn't take a screenie of the entire chat. However, even ignoring what he claimed about Paypal, I hope the chain of events is clear here: He was going to pay(in some way or the other) for my Earbuds, and he didn't.

I hope this screenshot explains further, otherwise I have no more real evidence:

Attached Files:

4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Marking ready for review.