1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198127132099 - (Official Addie / [Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Arhood, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arhood

Arhood New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40533356
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198127132099 (Official Addie)

Victim profile: 76561198041332440

What happened? Description:
    Alright, so a trader on my friends list, Sophia (http://steamcommunity.com/id/sophistt) told me someone on their friends list wanted to add me. Now this person had no idea that Official Addie was going to scam me. Sophia even helped me out and provided me with a screenshot of the chat with Addie. Anyways, I accept Official Addie's friend request. Official Addie said he wanted to buy Deadpool off of me. We agreed to $33. He also had a post on Steamtrades saying he wanted to buy Deadpool: http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/Sbxt7/h-50-paypal-w-deadpool http://prntscr.com/3lww3t So since he has a clean rep and more rep than me on Steamtrades, I give him the game first. I then ask him to pay me. He says he sent the payment, but when I check my paypal, I see nothing. He says it's processing and then for some reason, he says he's going to restart his PC. I say okay, whatever. He trades me 2 keys for my wait. After he restarted his PC, he tells me he tried sending the money again, but it still says processing. He then tells me to restart my PC. Now this is when I got really suspicious. Paypal has nothing to do with restarting your PC. So instead of actually restarting my PC, I set my Steam to offline mode and wait 2 minutes. Then I go back online and boom... He deleted me and blocked me. He was trying to get me to restart my PC, then delete me so that the chat history would be gone forever. Luckily, I didn't fall for it. I scrshotted everything and neg repped him on Steamtrades along with proof of scam. A few minutes after I reported him, he re-added me and tells me that it wasn't him who scammed me, but then, he goes back to his "normal" self... He makes me promise to remove the negative rep if I give him his game back. Of course I agree, the game is more important to me than giving him negative rep. But then he kept playing games with me, kept putting the game in the trade window, but cancelling it until I think, the 3rd or so trade, he finally gave it up. After he gave back the game, I pretended to be friendly with him and laughed it off. He didn't even apologize and had the nerve to ask me to trade again for my Tomb Raider, what a joke. I did this so I could keep him on my friend's list and get more proof, if necessary of this scam and did so. I'm now ready to report this joke to SteamRep and get him tagged. Thanks for reading, I greatly appreciate it.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 86076
    My chat history with Sophia. View attachment 86079
    Chat history with Sophia and Official Addie.
    View attachment 86060 We agreed to $33.
    View attachment 86061 Tells me to restart my PC.
    View attachment 86062 Right after I go offline for 2 minutes, boom, he deletes me and blocks me.
    View attachment 86066 Picture of my inventory history after the scam.
    View attachment 86069 User re-adds me and wants me to remove negative rep on this Steamtrades profile and proof he still had the game in his inventory at this time. View attachment 86070 Starts playing games with me and wouldn't give game back.
    View attachment 86071 He's trying to "scare" me... Further proof of playing around with me.
    View attachment 86072 Finally gives game back after around 4th attempt. View attachment 86073 Asking me to delete the negative rep I game him...
    View attachment 86074
    Pretending to be friendly with him for further evidence of scam which I will show.
    View attachment 86078 Further proof of scam, saying I'm lucky I got my game back. I told him of his scams to a good trader I know who Official Addie had in his friends list. Jon Irenicus who Official Addie had in his Steam description as well for being one of the best traders he has ever met.
    View attachment 86080 Inventory history after game was given back.
    View attachment 86082 Paypal history, no $33 to be found.​

Attached Files:

2. The Real Addie

The Real Addie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83433185
    Total joke of a post. In order for a scam to be called a scam , you must run off with the item, this is a friendly troll with this guy, i could careless if he -rep'd me or such, i have nothing else to trade so i dont even care about the trading community , funny how he took it so seriously AFTER i gave him the game back.
  3. Arhood

Arhood New User

Steam:
    LOL wtf... Are you serious? Don't lie. I don't even know you kid. This is NOT a friendly troll... You already scammed another person and attempted to scam another. How sad... And even if you did give back the game, that's still an attempted scam. If I ACTUALLY was as stupid as you and restarted my PC then you wouldn't have given the game back.
  4. Arhood

Arhood New User

Steam:
    There isn't enough proof for this one, but user scammed other people too. 4 in total. I had a user add me telling me Addie scammed him. He also now has a negative rep on his Steamtrades profile of someone saying he got scammed by Addie. http://www.steamtrades.com/user/TheRealAddie "Scammer, he take the key and log off in Steam..." There is also another one who Addie attempted to scam. I contacted him today and he told me he will post his Steamrep post tomorrow and link it here as well.

Attached Files:

5. Arhood

Arhood New User

Steam:
    There will be enough proof for the 4th guy that posts his Steamrep post tomorrow, please mark this guy as soon as possible, he's going on a scamming spree. :/
  6. DivineClaw

DivineClaw New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72432706
    Yeah i got Scammed to by The Real Addie to,i lost my Dark Souls 2! s✿✿✿,go Banned him! I Will report to steam Support,Valve can see my full History of you f✿✿✿✿✿!
    s✿✿✿ SCAMMER!!!!!!!!! arhwsssssssss..
  7. Arhood

Arhood New User

Steam:
    Further proof of scam. User says: "I thought you promised for a no report if i give back"
    The other pic is when I ask him about scamming the 4th guy I mentioned. Mostlyghostly: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038558735 He says he doesn't know Mostlyghostly, well, we shall see about that once he uploads his proof tomorrow.

Attached Files:

8. Arhood

Arhood New User

Steam:
    Sorry to spam this thread, is there no edit button lol? Anyways, proof of conversation with MostlyGhostly.

Attached Files:

9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Trading with a 3 month old account? Really should check reality.

But anyways, @DivineClaw, forum post reports is NOT for settling disputes. The function is there to alert us of real issues on the forum, like spam, abuse, extreme stuff, etc. NOT for settling the dispute for which we have the forum to do so. Also, if you have been scammed by somebody, you should report it yourself with your own evidence here.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. Arhood

Arhood New User

Steam:
    This guy had a good Steamtrades rep, more than me (before he went on a scamming spree) along with a clean Steamrep. Not only that, but he was good friends with Jon Irenicus http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986551592 A trader who I know and is very trusted in the SteamGameSwap trading community. He was very surprised when he learned Addie was a scammer. But anyways, that stuff really doesn't matter... There should be enough proof here for this guy to be marked, he even admitted that he took the game. (In the reply to this thread).
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Not that I like to shatter your idea of rep, but only LONG term rep is worth some. 3 months is about the period that one can do chargebacks. Altho there are rare cases that are done for payments longer ago (recently heard somebody got charged back for a 1,5 year old PP payment) This guy went on TF2OP the day his SteamGuard rided out his trade lock. That means he made the account ONLY to trade, and is probably a alt of some other. Didn't find one that was marked/banned somewhere at first glance tho.

3 month of "rep" is nothing. 2 years of active trading? That would say more.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    And he created the account you got scammed by because this account was banned on OP for having a private backpack:

| steamname: TF2 LOVER
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:82857723
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125981174
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198125981174

So in short, he had "AdnanaBanana" created Jan 17, got trade banned on it, created "TF2 LOVER" on Feb 9, got banned from TF2OP for private backpack, and then created "Addie" on Feb 19.

Still wonder why I won't trust accounts of less then say 6 months? and would be suspicious on any account that starts trading right away.
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  14. Arhood

Arhood New User

Steam:
    I guess I'm really lucky he gave me back my game. Anyways, I'll be more cautious from now on and do more checkups on traders when I'm doing a paypal trade. Thanks, I appreciate your tips and time.
    Will his current profile be marked?
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I responded here for the forum post report here on a post. I don't normally do reports or appeals. Only once in a while some.
  16. ☪☆ Mostlyghostly ツ

☪☆ Mostlyghostly ツ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39146503
  17. The Real Addie

The Real Addie New User

Steam:
    "MostlyGhostly" ... you are not allowed to promote your reports on others.
  18. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36600438
    Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
  19. The Real Addie

The Real Addie New User

Steam:
    Thats when you're wrong little buddy, , scam attempt? I got the game at the start, paypal scam?, i gave the game back,
    Cute how you wanted to help, but your respnse was plain idiotic
  20. Arhood

Arhood New User

Steam:
    lol, doesn't matter, you attempted to scam me. I have good enough proof, not only that, you have 2 alternate accounts. http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198123087585 http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198125981174 Both of which have bans. You're getting marked kid. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.