1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198057741041 - (YAmistic / [DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Variability's Brother, May 26, 2014.

1. Variability's Brother

Variability's Brother New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22728176
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198057741041 (YAmistic)

Victim profile: 76561198005722080

What happened? Description:
    He attempted to impersonate another DotA 2 trader to use their rep, and make an offer on my inventory which was for sale in a public post. He linked me to the other person's dota2traders.com reputation page, and then made an offer for paypal.​

Provide Evidence:
    He has since changed his name from JLBGold to YAsmistic but still uses a similar profile (which is copy pasted from the original JLBGold's profile) and custom ID link.

Here is a link to the real JLBGold: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066695135/

Attached Files:

2. JLBGold

JLBGold New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53214703
    I'm the owner of the original account and I confirm. He's trying to impersonate me and scamming many people from dota2traders. This guy can't stop since today.

I have also a chatlog with him. In his irony he confessed to have scammed an alpine set and 350 treasure keys. Grey line = me ; Red line = the impersonator.
    impersonator.jpg
  3. LOLster64

LOLster64 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48737656
    Hi. This is the real owner of the banned steam profile. On May 25, 2014, my account was hacked. Is there any way that I can appeal my ban to both steamrep and tf2wh? I think the ban was a result of these hijackers. They proceeded to sell my DOTA 2 items as well. If there is a proper category for ban appeals, can someone lead me to that direction? Thank you and have a great day. proof 1.PNG proof 2.PNG proof 1.PNG proof 2.PNG proof 3.PNG proof 4.PNG proof 5.PNG
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    This person is already tagged on SR. I will mark this ready for review and it will be added to his offences if he ever tries to appeal his ban.
    Thank you for your report.
  5. LOLster64

LOLster64 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48737656
    Is there anything I can do to appeal this ban since that same user hijacked my profile and started to scam other people using that account, thus banning my account from Steamrep, D2T, and TF2WH. It's a huge pain in the ass to know that after restoring my account and items back from Steam Support, I find out that I'm banned from those 3 sites. I supplied the proof shown above from Steam Support showing that I wasn't on that account at that time when the hijacker took my account. If you need more proof, please reply.