1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198120351685 - (trophyhunter / [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by inflames #keys, May 28, 2014.

1. inflames #keys

inflames #keys New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22379
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198120351685 (trophyhunter)

Victim profile: 76561197960310487

What happened? Description:
    I am filing this report to prevent more scams of this user..
    He changes nametags of highly valuable items and gives you the worthless item which has the nametag of the valuable one on it..​

Provide Evidence:
    I'm aware that this probably won't get accepted as it is but it is everything I can provide..

So a friend of mine got scammed the same way I got scammed. According to Junglist this is considered as scam.

Actually it has happened before and to be honest I thought it was a personal thing between me and him. I guess I didn't think he was that impudent continuing this..

However:
    Here's a Screenshot of our trade.

http://puu.sh/94Wdh/23b1105d24.png

"The Precious Blue Gem" which used to be my knife was sold to him a day earlier. I was promised to get a Bayonet Slaughter FN with 2 diamonds and a heart on the playside.. That was his first strike,
    As reason why he did this he told me I should've accepted his offer for my knife (a couple days earlier - M9 Slaughter FN + 200 pure keys)
    Instead the mentioned double diamonded bayonet I got one with one diamond.
    The next day I wanted to buy my knife back. My offer was around 600 keys value in items as you can see when you take a closer look at the screenshot I posted above.
    What I got was an absolutely worthless Karambit Case Hardened FT with the nametag of my former knife the "Precious Blue Gem".
    http://i.imgur.com/6756hTo.jpg

Now it has happened again.. Exactly the same way. By losing all my items I lost about 1200 keys in value and I don't want this to happen again because he just won't ever stop.

It is worth seeing this.. Please don't put it down.. Leave it as a pending response pls.. This guy causes too much damage in my opinion and people trading with him should at least see the pending report.

Thanks in advance,
    inflames​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need the original chat agreement between you and the accused.
  3. SevenStars

SevenStars New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42919798
    While I think 1200 keys ($3000 USD value) is a bit of an exaggeration for what you've lost in total, but this is undoubtedly a scam. Good luck with your report!
  4. inflames #keys

inflames #keys New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22379
    It's not an exaggeration mate. The items are worth that amount. Btw a key is valued at 2$ when trading. The knife I lost is valued at around 600-650 pure keys(!) due it's rarity. I'll add a screenshot so you get an idea of what were talking about :).

Thanks ! At the time the screenshots were taken it had the nametag "Teal blue sky" given by the former owner.

Scammer's screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/zsb0y

Attached Files:

5. SevenStars

SevenStars New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42919798
    Damn, that's a thing of beauty. Sorry for my misunderstanding I guess, good luck with your report!
  6. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Unfortunately there is not enough evidence here to warrant a ban, so I am archiving this thread. Note that the user is now trade banned and banned by us from another report.