1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198002317976 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ♥ caroline ♥, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25448970
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198002317976 ()

Victim profile: 76561198011163669

What happened? Description:
    He robbed me and a friend, but the trade was with me specifically. He added in and was looking for an unusual hat, it ended up swapping with my friend "fake" because he made us do return to show the reliability of the other.​

Provide Evidence:
    Before all, I am Brazilian, I speak English very badly, I confess that I asked the help of Google Translator to write this, sorry for any error and killing the English language, I hope that is the understanding of all.
    On the morning of Friday, a friend had received a proposal TF2Outpost therefore had placed his hat on sale. On the same day a person has added you and asked trade. He manipulated us saying they need a mediator, that mediator would be me. I went in and did an exchange with my friend, that would be a kind of "proof confidence" in my friend, which is odd, trade arrangement with 3, 4 actually people.
    We did trade the first time, all right, it was my friend, the scammer told me to return the hats, meanwhile another person enters and goes on my friend wore the same characteristics of his profile, I believed, silly and inattentive. In the end I gave them hats to an unknown person, that when completed the exchange, went offline and changed the profile picture and name. In the end we ran out of our hats (unusual), but we can take some tests, I hope it is enough to severe punishment for these thieves. Receivers are some people who help themselves, combine with each other, or even the guy with multiple fake accounts. Accounts that give you positive vote in exchange sites, denying any accusation that do. Feel aggrieved to have fallen in trick was depressing, but I know that these things happen, with experience, intelligence, are not free of malicious people and always end up falling on your dirty little game.
    I made the change with my friend the unusual Grimm Hatte effect: knifestorm, for this proof of confidence and then I changed my unusual with him, a Nappers Respite, effect: orbiting fire, then "we did another exchange" that the ship mediator to the room, we had a fake profile not added as a BOT who stole our profile information and posed as us. At the end of our hats were passed bills that mediated the exchange, in the end probably end receiver, with several items in his backpack and an extensive list of exchanges.

exchange: trade

SteamID the final mediator, who accuse: STEAM_0: 0:21026124
    Steam ID of mediators that our items were passed: STEAM_0: 0:87544837, TEAM_0: 1:85817151.
    Steam ID of Who negotiated a Party: STEAM_0: 1:87103883​

Attached Files:

nekolover08 likes this.
  2. ME MYSELF AND PI

ME MYSELF AND PI New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:84382900
    My brother bought those 2 unusuals for pure from a guy who added him to quicksell him some unusuals: there are the screenshots
  3. BabyFace Terrorist

BabyFace Terrorist New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52042061
    I have no idea if this should help, but he's banned on outpost and bp.tf for being a scammer fence, and it also doesn't seem like a coincedence that there are multiple reports of the same type where He'd ask for a middleman and another account would change its profile pic and name to that of the middleman and he'd just steal the items. Penek is listed in the history right after the bot in multiple cases. Hope this helps!
    ♥ caroline ♥ and nekolover08 like this.
  4. BabyFace Terrorist

BabyFace Terrorist New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52042061
    I have no idea if this should help, but he's banned on outpost and bp.tf for being a scammer fence, and it also doesn't seem like a coincedence that there are multiple reports of the same type where He'd ask for a middleman and another account would change its profile pic and name to that of the middleman and he'd just steal the items. Penek is listed in the history right after the bot in multiple cases. Hope this helps!
    nekolover08 likes this.
  5. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    He probably uses Russian language to hinder the understanding of things, he's been on skype in a desperate attempt to redeem himself and try to prove that we were wrong, which did not happen. He speaks fluent English. Is featured in the history of the items that were transferred from scammers, the inventory of those people not on any items shown above by ME MYSELF AND PI. I told you so lucky, scammer.

Sorry for the change in mood, do not have much patience for people like that, I'm really mad.

Attached Files:

nekolover08 likes this.
  6. nekolover08

nekolover08 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:88732957
    It would appear that this scam is legit. Here's what I've found regarding this hat as I have investigated penek

bought from:http://backpack.tf/u/76561198135355402
    http://backpack.tf/item/1223366735

It would appear that penek is using http://backpack.tf/u/76561198135355402 to scam people and then trade the hats to himself later, possible to use the excuse that "they weren't tagged" so he can feign ignorance despite orchestrating the whole thing.

If you are interested my report can be found here: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198002317976-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.67217/
    ♥ caroline ♥ likes this.
  7. Aditya

Aditya New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47298302
    Thanks for opening this report....will finally keep such scum of the market. And I do apologize as there was no indication on sr or outpost
  8. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    He is a child, I have had the opportunity to talk to him on skype. He was desperate and panting, but I believe that none of this should affect you because it already has old cases that he is really a scammer, a good start to it all is that it has been banned in some places like TF2Outpost and TF2rep, deserved. While I have here I will do everything to get my items back, I want you and many others recover their items taken, I support that.
    Sorry for this english, I'm trying.
  9. soopcan

soopcan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52978116
    Its perfectly fine. You know I'm not from Europe or the States, so my english isn't the best either.
    ♥ caroline ♥ likes this.
  10. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    A fix. He was banished in the following places:

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198002317976
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/3678

And not in tf2rep like I said, sorry.
  11. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    The following user is attempting to sell a stolen unusual, I've warned about it, but he wants to move ahead with the trade.

This unusual that according to the backpack costs 8 earbuds, is being sold at half price 4 earbuds, whenever I try to alert it comes with the same story that is third-party issue and not his. What is not true, because you know that it unusual was sold at an affordable price and is taking advantage of it.
    Not sure, but I believe that unusual can not be duplicated, because they lose their exclusivity and this hat is very rare.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20226462
  12. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    I hope you understand my bad english is, haha. :(
  13. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    Another correction, he is trying to sell unusual for the price of 8 earbuds.
    The Penek sold for the price of 4 earbuds, it's being smart and trying to profit over a 4 earbuds upon our detriment, is more than certain that this person is more malicious, already got your information and soon I did put on the ticket to Steam Support.
  14. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
  15. nekolover08

nekolover08 New User

Steam:
    ♥ caroline ♥ likes this.
  16. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198131900031
    SteamID64: 76561198131900031
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:85817151

History Inusual:
    Grimm Hatte, effect: knifestorm
    http://backpack.tf/item/1223366735

Napper's Respite, effect: orbiting fire
    http://backpack.tf/item/1705786202

Attached Files:

17. ME MYSELF AND PI

Steam:
    That's what my brother saying about your report:
    I'm not a scammer, this account is not my alt, i just was buying hats from him. I checked that he wasnt marked anywhere as a scammer so i thought trading with him wasnt a bad idea. I am not linked with him somehow, we just traded like i always did. I always was a honest trader, had a lot of trades and i'm a trustable trader as i sold a lot of hats when people were paying in advance. So could you please delete this report because you have nothing to accuse me of:
    i am not a scammer
    i am not his alt, i'm a different person and i can prove it any way you like
    i wasnt trading with a scammer because he wasnt marked anywhere
  18. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    I saw your conversation with the scammer on skype, useless to deny any accusation, you are childish and without morals, not hesitates to lie and try to convert the situation, you know it's not only me who do you accusations. You probably are not aware of what it does.

Attached Files:

19. ME MYSELF AND PI

Steam:
    My brother says: ok, prove that i am his alt. I have same ip with him or what? And yes, if you saying that i'm a child - maybe it's true. But you are not so mature yourself if you trying to offend me like that. Again, you have nothing to prove that i'm his alt. You can accuse me of anyting, but you have nothing to prove. I just traded with this guy to get a hat. That's all. It's not my problem that he stole it from you or someone else. I traded for it fairly, and he wasnt marked as a scammer. So i want you to close this report as i'm a fair trader and i want to continue to trade normally
  20. ♥ caroline ♥

♥ caroline ♥ New User

Steam:
    Even Penek had been banned in several sites of trade, he went ahead with the sale of stolen items, here is the new owner of my unusual: STEAM_0: 0:82526819
    You are doing a trade in TF2Outpost, brokering the sale of a scammer.
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20245399 # p55908869

My evidence is not enough?

Attached Files:

nekolover08 likes this.
  21. nekolover08

nekolover08 New User

Steam:
    There's also this now http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198129031528-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.67344/
    Even if they are not alts they are certainly working together very closely
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.