1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why I should be unmarked now instead of like 2 years from now.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Supreme Pootis™, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Supreme Pootis™

Supreme Pootis™ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37618161
    Today, I will present the perfect logic as to why me being marked was completelty unnecessary, and infact stupid, that even you cannot deny.

1.) The reason in itself is completely stupid. "Impersonation with intent to scam," so basically "we have no proof of you scamming but you had the guy's name so you were obviously trying to scam." What this tag tells me is that no investigation was even held, and I was just marked because I had an account linked to my IP that had the name Bottiger before.
    2.) Following up on the previous point, where is said proof of me having intent to scam? I think I, the suspect so to say, should atleast be entitled to the evidence leading to me being marked, so I may explain said evidence and prove it wrong if I must, not be marked and have to wait a year (so far) for some admin to even look at my appeal, besides someone telling me to make my alt public. Infact, in law, the only evidence you have of my intent is an illegal confession you have only because of your "guilty until proven innocent" system. But even with that, at the time I was marked a scammer you did not have said illegal confession, which may or may not have ben a last ditch attempt to get me unmarked. (I will not be providing anymore illegal evidence which can lead to me being marked even longer, knowing how I am actually completely innocent now.)
    3.) I have provided proof there was no scamming done on said alt, shouldn't that end this case? This is a question mainly, but also a point. I have provided proof I haven't scammed anyone, so I shouldn't be a marked scammer. Quite simple.
    4.) Illegal investigation methods too, huh steamrep? I believe what you did falls under the definition for cyberstalking. If I may refer you to the wikipedia page, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking) you would fall under stalking by strangers, and would also include false accusations to damage my reputation, monitoring my online activities (finding my alt account), and attempts to gather information about the victim. I make this point because I have never seen a steamrep admin reveal their investigation methods, why you ask? Because they illegally investigate their suspects, of course. I'd love for a steamrep admin to refute this point, too, because I am quite interested in the subject. Referring to the law once more, if you presented said evidence in court, it would actually have no effect on the verdict, as illegal evidence cannot be used against a suspect, thus giving me a free pass to walk out.

So there you have it steamrep admins, I ask of you to either unmark me or furthur explain why I was marked, with evidence of course.
  2. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Why would you impersonate a community admin if you weren't scamming, huh? There is nothing logical about that, I couldn't think of anything even if I really wanted to. No investigation is required when you're doing something blatantly malicious. Your alt will be banned as long as the other account is banned, it doesn't make sense otherwise.

There's nothing illegal we're doing here, we haven't labeled you in any way. You are simply "Banned by SR". Any server or site can ban you for any reason they want. You impersonated an admin, you got banned, simple as that. This is not a court, nor a legal system of any kind. This is a database and an educational site based around fraud in the trading of virtual items.

I am not an appeals admin, but I would not unban you.
  3. Supreme Pootis™

Steam:
    My problem is there is no phsysical proof of this intent. What if I was told to become Bottiger by a friend? The funny thing is that's exactly what happened, then I found out they were using me to scam and thats when I turned back.
    Also my basis for the cyberstalking is this quote from wikipedia.
    "Monitoring their target's online activities and attempting to trace their IP address in an effort to gather more information about their victims."
    You used my IP to link me to the alternate account, did you not? Thus making your investigation fall under cyberstalking.
    Also you said there was "no investigation"? How did you link my main account to the alternate account?
  4. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    In this case... why did you listen? Using an admin's name is a fast way to get banned from any community. The proof is right there in your alt's name history.

IP addresses aren't exactly private. There are any number of ways to get someone's IP. I have an idea of what tool the admins here are using, but since I can't confirm my theory, I'll just leave it at that.
  5. Supreme Pootis™

Steam:
    If you truly want to know, I didn't know Botigger was an admin's name. One of my friends just said "Hey can you change your name to Bottiger and just chill in our server?" So I just did what he said, because he was a pretty good friend at the time, I didn't really believe he was a scammer, although he did have some unusuals at the time. A week later they asked me to go around servers asking people to join some "auctions,"
    where they give him their unusual hat and they would change names and run. Thats when I realised he was using me as a sort of pawn and I changed my name to Generic. I remember we were marked around the same time, so I think you guys linked me to him.
  6. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Woah, hold up here.
    You banned a guy for having a same name as an admin?

Since when can you claim a name? There's no rule about that!
    We got millions of users on steam, names will repeat themselves.
    If it's name only, and nothing more...then Unban this guy!
  7. Supreme Pootis™

Steam:
    Thank you, how was I supposed to know Bottiger was a community admin? His profile isn't quite well known and it had no tags like "<Skial> Bottiger" so I assumed it was a random name.
  8. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Btw, I make youtube videos. I change my name all the time just for recordings.
    While I can't say for sure if I ever used an admin's name for a recording, I have used names like "Scammer", "Sharker", "BadTrader"

I also met some nice traders who had the name "Scammer". By steamrep logic, wouldn't someone with the name "Scammer" be a scammer?
    Please, please. Be open minded to the possibilities for all sorts of names.
  9. Perv

Perv New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39943834
    unmark this man all he did was change his name to bottiger im pretty sure if you search up that name up you will find a bunch more. This not fair at all
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  11. Supreme Pootis™

Steam:
    Hey by the way there are 3,572 people on steam that are named or were named Pretender, you may want to go mark them all because they are impersonating you to scam people.
  12. Supreme Pootis™

Steam:
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    hmm edit was after your reply therefore again: archiving thread.