1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198040658802 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Jark Jarkleton, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Jark Jarkleton

Jark Jarkleton New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53703715
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198040658802 ()

Victim profile: 76561198067673158

What happened? Description:
    Scammed me out of my Stattrack Karambit Fade Factory New, I have screenshots of this specific knife on my profile and a video of me unboxing it. . We agreed on the price of ~1000 keys being $2500 in paypal I have a screenshot of the "money sent" I also have screenshots as the deal was discussed http://imgur.com/1Hcno4R,aEDHhR0,TxfhzYa . After He "sent the money" I accepted the trade request and we talked via steam chat for a few minutes , waiting for the money to arrive to my account. In this time, he switched mics once, causing the call to end, but then recalled. The reason this was not done through steam itens (keys) is he claimed to have recently gotten a new computer and couldn't yet buy anything / add funds through steam. After waiting for a bit he offers to call paypal and check on the delivery, he talks for about a minute and the call goes dead without a hang up sound. I check and he is now offline http://steamcommunity.com/id/pongoya his steam and it also says that we are not friends, upon trying to re-add him I find out that he has blocked me. Please Help.​

Provide Evidence:
    Scammed me out of my Stattrack Karambit Fade Factory New, I have screenshots of this specific knife on my profile and a video of me unboxing it. . We agreed on the price of ~1000 keys being $2500 in paypal I have a screenshot of the "money sent" I also have screenshots as the deal was discussed http://imgur.com/1Hcno4R,aEDHhR0,TxfhzYa . After He "sent the money" I accepted the trade request and we talked via steam chat for a few minutes , waiting for the money to arrive to my account. In this time, he switched mics once, causing the call to end, but then recalled. The reason this was not done through steam itens (keys) is he claimed to have recently gotten a new computer and couldn't yet buy anything / add funds through steam. After waiting for a bit he offers to call paypal and check on the delivery, he talks for about a minute and the call goes dead without a hang up sound. I check and he is now offline http://steamcommunity.com/id/pongoya his steam and it also says that we are not friends, upon trying to re-add him I find out that he has blocked me. Please Help.​

Attached Files:

2. Ellis

Ellis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37794263
    He sent the money, you traded the knife?
    Right? Please explain, he sent the money, you traded the knife?
    I don't see how you possibly got scammed.
    In fact, you'd be the one scamming him. Trying to get your knife back once he'd sent the money? Claiming he scammed you?
  3. erase 2

erase 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11858359
    Pretty sure the guy just javascripted a fake screenshot and told him he sent the money while OP traded the knife waiting for the 'money' to come through, correct me if i'm wrong.
  4. Ellis

Ellis New User

Steam:
    "Pretty sure"
    How can you be sure?

Logically you would trade an item once you we're paid? Correct?
    If I asked for someone's knife and I told them I would pay tomorrow, what do you think the outcome would be?
    You know if your friend manages to regain hi ex knife, mine charges back his payment.
  5. dempy

dempy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:303939
    Ellis you're on his friends list and you were bragging about scamming his knife as well as other knives LOL.
  6. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    You will need to upload the paypal history go back one month.
  7. Ellis

Ellis New User

Steam:
    Because I'm his friend?
    Obviously I'm going to back him up.
    Bragging, excuse me?
    I have never scammed, nor will I ever.
    Please refrain from that slanderous language.
  8. dempy

dempy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:303939
    I have the .dem recording you spastic...
  9. Jark Jarkleton

Jark Jarkleton New User

Steam:
    Proof that I have not received the Money

Attached Files:

• bby.PNG
      bby.PNG
      File size:
      252.2 KB
      Views:
  10. erase 2

erase 2 New User

Steam:
    He never sent you money, all he did was make a fake screenshot showing he sent it.
  11. Jark Jarkleton

Jark Jarkleton New User

Steam:
    Do you not find it a little fishy that Ellis is on his friends list and is trying to make me sound like the bad guy here?
  12. erase 2

erase 2 New User

Steam:
    It is very suspicious..
  13. erase 2

erase 2 New User

Steam:
    he never sent him the money you spastic, he faked a screenshot showing he sent the money. You're braindead.
  14. Flexx-

Flexx- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:2048075
    ok this is quite clear.... the transaction number on EACH transaction should also be in the URL bar. and they always match (try it for yourself)

these don't match.

Feel sad for OP. Stattak Karambit Fade Scam mismatch id.jpg
  15. Jark Jarkleton

Jark Jarkleton New User

Steam:
    Didn't see this earlier. As pointed out by Flexx, this is exactly what happened.
  16. SevenStars

SevenStars New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42919798
    Screenshot his entire friendslist because my guess is that he'll move it to another account or a friends account, you shouldn't have sold such a valuable item for paypal cash I even warned you on your stream and via steamchat. You should have been absolutely wary of scammers and seeing as he pulled you into a voice chat you don't have much to go on. Seeing as you have your paypal and trade history its more than obvious this was a scam, I just went ahead and tried to get it back for you, but as you guessed once a scumbag always a scumbag. Screenshots below.

Attached Files:

17. Flexx-

Flexx- New User

Steam:
    so he's selling the knife for under half the price he "bought" it for just over a week ago. and why would he do that?
  18. SevenStars

SevenStars New User

Steam:
    As you can see on lounge he has no pending trades, obvious scammer is obvious not to mention he's probably bluffing about the trade. People who trade with scammers to my knowledge get tradebanned as well for knowingly accepting scammed goods, at least as far as I know. The knife isn't leaving his inventory and somehow I doubt the report is either. On a side note read some guides on steamrep on how to avoid a trade scam, it will probably end up helping you avoid the next scammer to add you. Also, I suggest you and your friends take your time -reping him on lounge in the mean time.

Link to his lounge profile: http://csgolounge.com/profile?id=76561198040658802
  19. SevenStars

SevenStars New User

Steam:
    Like you said, it isn't probable especially considering that he's a scammer. Liars will always lie its just how they work.
  20. Flexx-

Flexx- New User

Steam:
    i understand that bro ^^ anyway ill be quite now... don't want to spam "everyones" post on steamrep now do i.