1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198027024656 - (Tober (Dick Ripper) / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Tober (Dick Ripper), Jul 2, 2014.

1. Tober (Dick Ripper)

Tober (Dick Ripper) Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33379464
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561198027024656 (Tober (Dick Ripper))

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I wish to have my scammer reputation repealed, but I feel as though the choices given in the appeal form do not help explain the situation. However, they are partially true. A long while ago, I do admit to attempting scamming a user out of an unusual, but it was a failure of an attempt. This was before steam trading, and when trading for games was more difficult to do. Nonetheless, I tried "trading" a copy of Portal 2 which I didn't own to someone for an unusual, along with a friend of mine, who I believe was also accused of being a scammer. This failed, and I quickly left as I had something else to do that day. I assume I was reported that very day, and ever since it plagued my attempts to be a decent trader. It was a foolish mistake of mine, and I hate having done it. All items in my inventory are guaranteed to be from willfully done trades, or from my own doing, and no items of mine have been acquired from scamming anyone.

In addition, as stated in the appeal form, I believe what I did was very minor, as it resulted in no loss of any person's items. Ever since this failed scamming attempt, all I have tried to do was make honest trades, but most servers have scammers banned or marked, making it very difficult. Most recently I was banned from TF2 Trading Post (www.tf2tp.com), which was where most of my trades happen. This was what drove me to appeal this reputation mark, as I feel it is nearly impossible to make any honest trades now. I do honestly swear that I am not, nor will I ever be a scammer, and this situation I got myself into was an embarrassing mistake on my part. If there are any reparations that could be made to the community, I would be glad to do so, and would be glad to help make up for my mistakes in any way possible.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my appeal, and do hope to hear from someone in the future.

[​IMG]
    I also included a screenshot from my steam profile of traders who have made trades with me that posted positive comments of their trading experiences with me. This is currently the only visual proof I have of successful trades at the moment, but if more is requested I will try to find more.​
  2. Tober (Dick Ripper)

Steam:
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  4. Tober (Dick Ripper)

Steam:
    Yes, that was my friend who was accused from this ordeal.
  5. Tober (Dick Ripper)

Steam:
    Is there anything else that can further help my case?
  6. Tober (Dick Ripper)

Steam:
    Was your reply asking me to refer to his appeal?
  7. Tober (Dick Ripper)

Steam:
    If there is anyone else that I can talk to in order to help my appeal, I would like to do so. I wish for this to be solved, and I feel I've been forgotten or ignored.
  8. Tober (Dick Ripper)

Steam:
    Will this ever be resolved? I posted this a month ago, and I would like to have some help or an answer.
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SOP will not lift the tag.