1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198085384766/ - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Meowmixcat, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Meowmixcat

Meowmixcat New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63987870
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198085384766/

Victim profile: 76561198088241468

What happened? Description:
    Well first, the person who scammed me was already on my friends list for a while. We've traded before and he seemed fine. He has almost 2000 hours on tf2 and an expensive bp (now i know why its so expensive) so I thought he could be trusted and not risk his account. So he messaged me saying he could broker my two unusuals for me (they were a green energy well rounded rifleman and a sulphorus gentleman's ushanka). After looking at his profile it looked like he was a trustable guy and all and since he was already friends with me I decided to trust him. So after the trade we talked and everything while he was "selling" the items and he was taking a while and making up weird excuses about how long it was taking. After a while I said I needed to get off and we could redo this later ( I wasnt going to but I thought he might believe it. There was no response, I kept messaging him until he just said "i gtg" then he got off tf2 and that was the last i heard of him and my items. He has already sold the ushanka and i messaged the new owner telling him. But the rifleman (which i unboxed) is still in his bp. Please if you can do anything to get at least that one back I will be very grateful.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first screenshot shows the scammers profile, and the second one shows the trade history since i could not get back to our conversation in the messages​

Attached Files:

2. Meowmixcat

Meowmixcat New User

Steam:
    Sorry for the report type I guess I was supposed to put other, but I thought this was the right type of report. If i can change it please tell me, sorry about that!
  3. Dexios Divine

Dexios Divine New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45069162
    https://support.steampowered.com/index.php make a ticket, he scammed you so Valve might return your items, don't give items for brooking just sell them yourself, not worth the risk. copy the screens shots if you need help with the ticket

Attached Files:

4. Dexios Divine

Dexios Divine New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45069162
    Include all your proof in the ticket, if valve fins him guilty they'll give your items back with new id's so they aren't duped. it can take 1-2 weeks because of the traffic but they'll get to it eventually so have some patience for a response. Also SteamRep doesn't handle phishing or account hijacks or returning your items, so if you get scammed again put a report here, report him to steam and make a ticket.
    Meowmixcat likes this.
  5. Meowmixcat

Meowmixcat New User

Steam:
    ok thank you very much, i will do that now