1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. xF |:. Tick Tock Man

xF |:. Tick Tock Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6073670
    What can be done about an inaccurate report here on the SteamRep forums?

I was reported for sharking by an uninvolved third party, and subsequenty banned from GoV by an admin who either can't count or didn't bother to actually review the evidence...the irony here being the individual who reported me threatned to report me here if I didn't sell him the hat for less than I bought it for - which was just over a bud (values at the time), and as it turns out was what the hat was actually worth. Nothing like getting banned for paying market price for a hat by because of a report from uninvolved person who actually was trying to scam...

Frankly I could care less about the GoV ban, if this situation is any indication of how they deal with issues the inability to join their servers can be considered a favorable circumstance..

However I do Moderate for Darkly Gaming (http://darklygaming.com/forum/members/tick-tock-man.3371/), and have a sterling reputation everywhere but here, and would request that the thread be removed. I am a long time player, trader and admin, and I did nothing to merit this stain on my reputation.

Thread in question: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/can-this-guy-get-marked-based-on-the-situation.36281/#post-107233

I would appreciate any help on this matter.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646

that does not count as a "report" in our book. For that its needed that the reporter fills out a form and gives specific evidence. As that was about sharking, or it seemed so, there is no involvement from SR. Apparently you are banned on GoV by Venganza. This ban cannot result in a tag on SR, for its specifically for sharking, which cannot be transferred to SR.

All-in-all, this means there is nothing to appeal here, or to answer, for its not a report being processed by SR, or has led to a ban here, and people may always bring cases to us with questions. Its part of our "open" design of SteamRep that all is for "public" record. It also means there is nothing we can do, for we do not delete such threads. You did have a chance to respond to the thread, for otherwise I'd have moved it out of archive for you to respond to, but that won't be needed now.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. xF |:. Tick Tock Man

xF |:. Tick Tock Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6073670
    I see, well thanks for your help SilentReaper.
  4. Mihai The Spy

Mihai The Spy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:82510475
    can i edit reports?i maked a wrong thing with my report,it needs switched,can you please switch places?thanks :)
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    make a reply on the report with the correction. We only allow editing for 2 minutes after creating a post, after that it must all be in a subsequent reply.
  6. Danny_X14

Danny_X14 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53527854
    Hello, im interested in asking 2 questions.
    What happens if someone report you to valve (Via enter steam profile, click report, and the scam) if you didnt do anything?
    I mean, this morning i was on a tf2 trade server and i traded one guy, we were talking, and he didnt want to trade, he was not interested, and then he just said to me "im going to report you",i said "what" and he said, "did it", and then he canceled the trade.
    I just dont wanna get permanent trade banned for such a thing, And by this there goes the last question:
    If i get trade banned, What are the reasons to be a permanent ban, or a 7 days (or whatever time) ban?
    Thanks.
  7. Danny_X14

Danny_X14 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53527854
    Sorry, i wanted to say "and then scam" not "and the scam"
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  9. RecK

RecK New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40568059
    How long does a Needs more info report show up as a pending one? The current report on me has been there for a while and provided 0 proof at all.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Moderators: Handle pending, need more info, and other statuses to get reports as complete as possible. Once that is achieved to their opinion, they'd put it into "Ready for Review". Outside of that, they can archive double reports, or reports that clearly do not fall within our policies to mark for.

Admins: handle "ready for review" reports, and either maybe put them back to "need more info" if the admin thinks there should be amended in some way on for example screenshots or a key piece of information is missing etc. Otherwise the conclusion will be drawn and accused will be marked or not.

There is no "time-frame" that either has to observe vs a report.
  11. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36600438
    Hello, I found this report
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.67656/

It was scam attempt with fake SR MM, however, it has been archived due to lack of evidence.

I find it weird, since there was at least an impersonation of SR MM, it can be seen clearly in SR historical view of the accused's profile:
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197986436595?t=1402507597
    As well as his name history (Jerry is there too)
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986436595/namehistory
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm looking into it.

@SIVARTZ

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Dealt with the report and accepted it, both perps banned.

thnx @M'aiq
    M'aiq likes this.
  14. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
  15. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  16. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I appreciate the call out on this report. The only way a moderator will see their mistakes is if an admin shows them. I see what I did wrong and will take this into consideration the next time I see this type of report.
    Xenophobia has also shown me what I have neglected in past reports and I have changed the way I look at them.
    @M'aiq, Thanks for noticing my mistake. I value all input.
  17. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
  18. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
  19. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    This is not the section for reporting. Please leave this thread to legitimate questions. If there is a thread for the user in question already please post any information you would find valuable to the case there. If you have no information to add then please leave the investigation portions up to the SR staff.

The screenshots were not submitted in the proper format. We had already changed our policy at that point. We will most likely request the information again and see if it can be provided to us by the victim.
    Lava likes this.
  20. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam: