1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198070709807 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Cathaze [AFK], Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathaze [AFK]

Cathaze [AFK] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62589684
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198070709807

Victim profile: 76561198085445097

What happened? Description:
    So first of all, I wanted to buy 2 keys off of this guy, sent him a trade offer to buy 2 keys but acidentally bought only 1 which means he got 7.33 refined metals for free. The guy isn't a nice trader, he blocked/ignored me and closed his post right after I begged him to give me back the key.​

Provide Evidence:
    I uploaded screenshots of trade history, that he blocked me, closed his trade, everything's uploaded. There's no chat between us.​

Attached Files:

2. Cathaze [AFK]

Cathaze [AFK] New User

Steam:
    Oh and by the way, it's even more than 7.33, I even sent him a key from my inventory. So it's 2 keys profit for him.
  3. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36600438
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no initial trade agreement other than your tf2op message telling him that you sent an offer.
    So it was your responsibility to make a correct offer, don't blame him just for accepting your gift.
  4. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    Oh, and by the way, I checked his tf2op, he didn't put a buyout on his key and it was uncraftable, meaning it was a rare key that worth more that usual key.
    So I don't think he would accept your offer even if you put 7.33 ref into it for this key.
  5. Cathaze [AFK]

Cathaze [AFK] New User

Steam:
    It doesn't matter, he still accepted the items and he obviously knew that it was by an accident. I know it's my fault, but still, it's bannable. It's kind of a scam. Don't defend the guy just because I made a mistake. He blocked me instead of being fair and giving back the item. Anything you just said kinda makes no sense. He coulda declined the trade instead of taking the items. " don't blame him just for accepting your gift." do you seriously have some problems? If he was fair and not a scammer he would have given be back the 2 keys and everything woulda been fine. Thanks for responding at least, but please, no offense, but stop defending the guy and stop making ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed arguments. I personally would contact the person and give him back the items the person accidentally gave me.
  6. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    Well, I wouldn't, honestly (if there wasn't premade trade agreement like in this case).
    At max, I'd leave him +rep on his profile for his generous donation.
    For now, I'll leave it to a SR mod and put this thread on my watchlist.
  7. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    No prior agreement was made so this was your fault for making that offer without checking it first.
    M'aiq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.