1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198122997966 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by MisterFister, Aug 30, 2014.

1. MisterFister

MisterFister New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58503103
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198122997966

Victim profile: 76561198077271934

What happened? Description:
    He offered me 50$ via steam wallet for tf2 items. He tried to convince me that he could transfer funds between steam accounts because of the "latest update." He sent me a trade offer with a forged steam receipt and I was to receive nothing while he was to receive my hats.​

Provide Evidence:
    Chat1, Chat2, Chat3, and Chat4 are .jpg screenshots of the chat between me and the offending user. It documents proof that he attempted to convince me to accept 50$ of his steam funds. SteamProfile.JPG shows what appears after I click into his profile, to show you that I do have the correct user. Finally, TradeOffer.JPG shows you his fraudulent steam wallet receipt that he forged in his trade offer.

FullChat1, 2, and 3 show the entire chat history between me and the offending user. After he offered the money I pretended to want the cash.​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hi @MisterFister

Can you please re-take your screenshot of the accused's profile with the profile URL visible? If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available.
  3. MisterFister

MisterFister New User

Steam:
    Thanks for reviewing this @lava,
    here's the screenshot

Attached Files:

4. MisterFister

MisterFister New User

Steam:
    In addition, this user has also gotten his friend to comment below: "+rep gave me steam cash for my items" I uploaded two images with the comment and the user's profile

Attached Files:

5. Dogeter who

Dogeter who New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:86974563
    You can't bring me into this, He actually gave me a code for $20 What about the other guy that +++repd him hmm?
  6. Dogeter who

Dogeter who New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:86974563
    If it makes a difference I'll remove the comment seeing this proof clarifying he is a "scammer"
  7. MisterFister

MisterFister New User

Steam:
    Hi @lava, more info has been provided concerning Jordan the Frisbee. I think it's sufficient evidence now
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Marking as ready for review.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**