1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198089474019 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Slip, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Slip

Slip New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55104118
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198089474019

Victim profile: 76561198070473965

What happened? Description:
    The following event occurred on 02/09/2014 at approximately 3:50 pm.

I was happily minding my own business, playing a Casual Public match of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, when I was approached by the Steam User, who went by the name at the time, Rich Homie Quan. He instantly referred to an Unusual in which I had for sale on the Steam Community Market: a Smoking Killer Exclusive. He offered $150 or so ‘Steam Credit’ and proposed: “oh I was going to offer 150 dollars as overpay”.
    After I talked to him, he then decided to give me an example, and offer $125 on my Purple Energy Coupe D’isaster. Which even then I wasn’t interested in selling.
    After talking for a few minutes I realised his intentions, to attempt to scam my Team Fortress 2 Unusuals. With little success, I instantly decided to take action. After I told him I was taking screenshots of all the chat and trade offers, he proceeded to block and remove me from his friends list.
    Overall, this Steam User’s intentions were to scam me (possibly) off my two Unusual’s via a fake implementation of ‘Steam Money’. This actions were unsuccessful and from my research he is continuing to attempt scams such in this case: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198089474019-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.76264/
    (This case was submitted just as I am writing this report)
    This User poses a threat to the Steam Community and action should be taken.
    I hope I have covered everything as this is the first time I have submitted a report like this.
    If there is anything else I need to include, informing me is great.

Thanks.​

Provide Evidence:
    Description of events above.

See evidence below.​

Attached Files:

2. Slip

Slip New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55104118
    Uh, bump?