1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561197995896154 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Jura, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jura

Jura New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62630898
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561197995896154

Victim profile: 76561198085527524

What happened? Description:
    We arranged for a trade, I was to trade him Papers Please, and Gunpoint for his copies of Fallout 3 Goty, oblivion Goty and Stacking. We talked for at least 45 minutes. He has a large game collection, decent Steam level and decent SteamTrades rep. I traded him Papers Please. He didn't respond for 10+ minutes, redeemed the game. I asked what was up, and he got offline, and blocked me.

My first experience on SteamTrades, and I have already had to experience this. And boy, does it hurt.​

Provide Evidence:
    See attached photos of our chat.

Maybe someday we can finish the deal. Maybe someday steamtrades will prove to be beneficial. I always said Steam was a great community, but one bad person really ruins so much.

Thanks everyone.​

Attached Files:

2. xxBonsai99xx

xxBonsai99xx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32214292
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/
  3. ℒℰ Satisfaction

ℒℰ Satisfaction New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17815213
    It wasn't done by me. My counter-arguments:
    1. I do not have this game activated on my account. Write to Humble Bundle and explain them everything + ask to revoke the gift.
    2. You can clearly see on the screenshots provided that the scammer's nickname is "Satisfaction". Well, he forgot to put ℒℰ before it. Someone will say it means nothing, but I have got a proof I haven't change the nickname since July. [​IMG] provided by .fiSh (source: http://oi59.tinypic.com/5ukep4.jpg) [​IMG] - provided by UnforgivenUA (source: http://clip2net.com/clip/m0/a7bc9-clip-53kb.jpg) Very much thanks for screenshots - if someone doubts pictures above he can add me on Steam and check for himself (Steam > Friends > ℒℰ Satisfaction > Show aliases).
    3. I have never had games like Oblivion GOTY or Jazzpunk, usually I am trading out my leftovers from bundles and giveaways on SteamTrades (my profile there is named Satisfaction and is linked to the Steam profile mentioned above).
    4. I am not spouting "le funny memes" (to the batmobile am I right guys) while trading with someone. It shows incompetence.
    5. If someone has an idea for the further proof, let me know it. I can provide it.
    My guesses:
    1. (Most likely) Someone impersonated me in order to gain an advantage of the victim to take his game or...
    2. (Less likely) Some kind of reverse psychology scam - victim's evidence shows someone named "Satisfaction" with my avatar, that's all. What if he did this chat with his friend and wants me to feel guilty for that to get a game which is currently in Humble Bundle? Who knows.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Hello @Jura ,

Your report was set invalid and moved to archive. To see why, please read:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

In order to report the account to Valve, you have to:

1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report".

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.