1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197972216497 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Stents*, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Stents*

Stents* New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32102185
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197972216497

Victim profile: 76561198024470098

What happened? Description:
    This is probably one of the strangest things I have seen on Steam.

I was added by the accused and as always I said Hi and asked how I can help him. He immediately started asking questions about a Dota 2 Tournament ticket I had for sale on the market. They were rather strange questions like "What is it", "What does it do", etc... I answered these questions and asked if he wanted to buy it. He continued to ask questions but they got weirder, like my association with certain people in my friends list and my conversations with them. At this point I told him that if he wasn't going to buy it I'm going to have to remove him. It was at that point that he revealed to be that he was "investigating a TF2 scamming ring". It sounded absurd and like a conspiracy theory but I went along with it hoping I could sell my item. Eventually he told me that he suspected that I was part of this "scamming ring", he told me that he could however prove I wasn't a part of this ring by giving him the item. Normally I wouldn't have done this but he offered $20 on PayPal with a solid SteamOp Reputation thread. After a bit of confusion we I gave him the ticket and waited to receive the PayPal funds. After waiting a few minutes and not receiving anything I mentioned it to him and he started making excuses. After several minutes he then told me that hes going to report "both of you" on SteamRep and removed me.​

Provide Evidence:
    Unfortunately I didn't screenshot most of the conversation. Most of it took place in the Steam Web Chat (Which is easily fakeable anyway) and when I opened the chat on the client most of the conversation was gone. I have included all the screenshots I have as well as a pastebin of the chat.

http://pastebin.com/MPUhHtHt

Chat and Proof of initial trade agreement:
    View attachment 136682 View attachment 136683 View attachment 136680 View attachment 136679 View attachment 136678

Proof of the broken agreement:
    View attachment 136653

Proof that you verified the identity of the person:

View attachment 136684

Attached Files:

2. Sickest

Sickest New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5975384
  3. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello mate, I'm not a Moderator but you will most likely need to put a ScreenShot of your paypal history/activity (go back 1 month).
    Useful link: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/submission-fundamentals.60254/
    Hope this helps, GL.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Stents* , in order to proceed with your report please add a:
    -ScreenShot of your paypal history- showing all the activity(go back 1 month, from the date of the scam)-in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;
    -ScreenShot of your Agreement- in full , taken from inside your Steam Client, without cropping or editing anything- we need to see your e-mail;
    -Screenshot of your inventory history:

1º-Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    2º-On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    3º-On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    4º-Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    -In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    -On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    -Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    -Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    -Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    -Come back here and make a reply.
    -Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    -Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    -MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    -MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    -MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    -MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    -MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    -You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png
  5. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Since no further information has been provided for over 7 days, I'm going to Archive this report. Feel free to re-submit your report with the requested evidence. Be sure to re-upload all evidence previously provided, and provide a link to this thread.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.