1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198065978402 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by DarthSatoris, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSatoris

DarthSatoris New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13359502
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198065978402

Victim profile: 76561197986984733

What happened? Description:
    This person successfully tried to scam me (and several others, one whom I've been in contact with over this issue), and keeps doing it to several other people. Please investigate immediately.

This person saw my item on the Market, befriended me and asked if I was willing to make a trade for real money via paypal. After some time I became convinced this guy was legitimate and went through with the deal. However, since then (This happened Friday, we have Wednesday today) I have yet to receive any money from this guy. I also found out that he has blocked me on Steam, and after contacting Paypal, they have told me that I have become a victim of a scam.​

Provide Evidence:
    http://i.imgur.com/nLRNZPt.png

http://i.imgur.com/FXw3GZ1.png

http://i.imgur.com/oY7ulr1.png

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your transaction.

I can understand from your e-mail that you should have received a gift of 194,00 CAD from a person called Lucas Tremblay.

I have reviewed your account and can confirm that there is no transaction for 194,00 CAD or from a person called Lucas Tremblay on the PayPal account linked to this e-mail address. I would advise you to call us so we can investigate the case.

To contact us by phone you can call 80 25 16 40, between 09:00 and 17:30 Monday to Friday.

Please be advised that we also provide support in Danish. You can call or write to us in Danish instead of English if you would prefer.

Yours sincerely,
    Mette
    PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
    Société en Commandite par Actions
    Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
    RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

Form Message
    customer subject: legacy
    customer message: >Topic: 'Sending/Receiving Money'
    >Sub Topic: 'Gift Card/Gift Certificates'
    >pageflow: 'pay_rcus'
    >message: 'Hello.
    >
    >I recently received a gift on Paypal to my account consisting of ### CAD. The invoice number is ####, reference number is ######. Sender is a person by the name of Lucas Tremblay.
    >
    >I could see this gift in my transaction history where I archived it to ensure it didn't get deleted. However, when I logged in today to re-watch it (because I haven't yet received the money from you), I noticed it was gone.
    >
    >Just, gone without any trace.
    >
    >What has happened and what can I do to fix it? Is it something on your end or is it something on mine? I hope I haven't been robbed by this person, because I am trusting you as a secure payment method and went through with the deal after I saw the invoice in your systems.
    >
    >I hesitate to think the worst case scenario (that somehow this person has gotten access to my account and canceled the payment on my behalf), so I am contacting you in the hopes that it is merely a small error on your part.
    >
    >For confirmation of the invoice I received via email, here's a link, I don't know if you can access it or use it in any way: https://www.paypal.com/dk/cgi-bin/w...cee2a37114de124c77bdcab2118d22dc2c74f0fdc5fbb'
    >wf_country: 'DK'
    >wf_lang: 'en_US'
    >topic: 'Sending/Receiving Money'
    >subtopic: 'Gift Card/Gift Certificates'
    >numtemplate: '#####'
    >subject: 'legacy'
    >ext_first_name: 'Thomas'
    >ext_last_name: 'Sørensen'
    >ext_email: ​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  2. M'aiq

M'aiq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36600438
    And what does it have to do with Steam and SteamRep?

Can you provide any evidence the accused was involved in this?

Steam chat and inventory history might do the trick, I guess.
  3. DarthSatoris

DarthSatoris New User

Steam:
  4. DarthSatoris

DarthSatoris New User

Steam:
  5. DarthSatoris

DarthSatoris New User

Steam:
    Sora is also a victim I've contacted regarding this, and they can confirm my story as well: http://i.imgur.com/7gvymZE.png

(also, how do you edit these things? I don't know how and I don't like making multiple posts. It looks dumb.)
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need the entire chat agreement between you and the accused.
    The chat agreement is the most vital part of any report that you submit to SR. Without this information your report is invalid.
  7. DarthSatoris

DarthSatoris New User

Steam:
    How do I get that chat when he has blocked me and I have no screenshots of it?
  8. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    You can not recover lost chat. You have to screenshot it during your conversation.
    Archiving due to lack of chat agreement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.