1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198049710502 - (Not Trading #Appealing Ban / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Chocolate, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chocolate

Chocolate New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44722387
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198049710502 (Not Trading #Appealing Ban)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    N/A​

Appeal description:
    After meeting with Carson in person through Skype "Another One Made To His Request" after giving me a call IRL.

I got in touch with him and he let me know "The Real Me", That I was banned. Carson and myself after searching and asking, found out who the "Actual Scammer" was.

He is Found Here Holding a Very Small Portion Of Carson's Items:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054192899

Above items are stuck in there as I have no access to them. In the case they are not retrievable, I will pay for them through keys or whatever payment Carson Desires.

This Account (Mine) Was Used To Indeed Scam Carson But I will like to appeal now that I, "The Rightful Account Owner" did not in any shape or form scam my friend Carson here as I was not present at the scene and did not approve of this.

I was not aware of this issue and subsequent report until today where i obliviously decided to go on TF2 Outpost to put up a trade to sell my extra copy of "PAYDAY 2" until i realised i was banned. I promptly looked up my steamrep and found a report against me by Carson "my friend".

Carson Is Willing To Post Here As A Living Proof That I Did Not In Fact Scam Carson as the rightful owner of this account.

The password for both my personal email and Steam Account were guessed /socially mined by an Acquaintance of mine by the Name Of Jerry. After somehow managing to wait 7 days without me receiving no notification (I never use my email unless I'm buying something on Ebay or Verifying New Computers)

The report comments were not done by myself and were instead done by my Acquaintance Jerry. I sincerely apologise for the issues this has caused. I am not sure of who was the one that was responsible in "editing" the last small payments i made 2 weeks ago but At The Time I am assuming they were done by Jerry. (He did a pretty good job at it as well = =)

I Can provide more evidence is required. This is my first appeal so I'm not really sure how the system works and what evidence I should be uploading.

Thanks for reading this rather lengthy speech.​
  2. Chocolate

Chocolate New User

Steam:
    All Passwords of Accounts regarding this have been changed and my once universal password has been dismissed from active duty.
  3. Carson0303

Carson0303 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50637285
    I am commenting now to prove that all of the above statements are true and confirmed by myself. I am also aware that Jerry was the once who Doctered the screenshots of Choco's PayPal as Choco uses a universal password (Bad Idea).
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Your "friend" declined my steam invite, their is no additional information to go on that was not present in the report. Unless he adds me, this appeal absolutely will not be granted. Would also like to ask if you submitted a steam support ticket over your hijacked account, if so, provide it.
  5. Chocolate

Chocolate New User

Steam:
    I Will Talk To Him Directly Today, And I Did Not Require To Submit A Ticket Because I Had Access To My Account At The Time Of This Appeal.
  6. Chocolate

Chocolate New User

Steam:
    Got Confirmation That He Added You. Time Differences May Be A Problem Though.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    You did not answer my question, I asked if you made a support ticket due to you being hijacked.
  8. Chocolate

Chocolate New User

Steam:
    No. I Did Not. My Hijacking Did Not Render Me Unable To Access My Account. None Of The Passwords Or My Authentication Email Were Changed.
  9. Chocolate

Chocolate New User

Steam:
    It was only used in a malicious way during the time period of which I was grounded and unable to monitor the status of my account and what was happening with it.
  10. jebby

jebby New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46963585
    i am the one who is responsible for this hell of a mess.

as of the advice of the admin who added me on my friends order:

this is the chat log:
    [1:56:55 PM] jebby: i used my friends account as a medium to scam a few days ago when he told he was grounded on his phone.
    [1:57:17 PM] jebby: i looked through his friends list and found Carson who had a rather rich account, low level etc.
    [1:57:43 PM] jebby: i then proceeded to try the password for his steam account onto his email and it somehow worked
    [1:57:57 PM] jebby: therefore i used the same password to access his own paypal account
    [1:58:44 PM] You Are The One: and?
    [1:58:55 PM] jebby: i then proceeded to scam carson and used my friends skype account (which had the same pw) to scam carson
    [1:59:09 PM] jebby: as well as par of the report
    [1:59:28 PM] jebby: i muted my mic and imitated how my friend would usually talk to carson as i have seen it before
    [1:59:34 PM] jebby: in chat
    [1:59:54 PM] jebby: 24 hours later, i found the report on my friends account
    [2:00:23 PM] jebby: i got scared that the original owner of the account my friend will get really angry so therefore i tried to cover it up
    [2:01:05 PM] jebby: i used his account to try and appeal the scam report and photoshopped evidence in order t cover it up.
    [2:01:21 PM] jebby: that is what happened from start to finish
    [2:01:58 PM] jebby: my friend did not know what was happening until he was able to re-access his computer
    [2:02:20 PM] jebby: that is all i have to say.
    [2:02:46 PM] You Are The One: so, when did he tell you he was grounded?
    [2:03:06 PM] jebby: a few days ago the morning before the scam occured
    [2:03:38 PM] You Are The One: specifically, 1-2-3 days before the scam or?
    [2:04:02 PM] jebby: specifically it was 5 days ago
    [2:04:11 PM] You Are The One: from today?
    [2:04:13 PM] You Are The One: or?
    [2:04:14 PM] jebby: yes
    [2:04:40 PM] jebby: 5 days ago in the morning before he was caught calling me by his parents
  11. Chocolate

Chocolate New User

Steam:
    I Just Saw Jerry's SteamRep Ban
    So... What happens to me now?
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    Their is no evidence supporting your claim. In fact, it supports the exact opposite that it was indeed you.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.