1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Report: 76561198061124308 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by M3w2, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M3w2

M3w2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47679202
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198061124308

Victim profile: 76561198055624133

What happened? Description:
    I'm trading buds for keys, and T3D comes along with his pair of buds to trade, I ask him if they're clean and he replies "Squeaky" Implying that they are clean. For safety, I wanted to double check the buds and they are duped. So he lied to try to get a good deal on buds, and when I confronted him he said that he thought that an item being "clean" only meant that it wasn't gifted, but with his backpack worth $218 dollars (according to bp.tf) I doubt he didn't know the meaning of the word.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. T3D

T3D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50429290
    Alright, so here's what's happened.

I added this kid to sell my buds for keys, buds that I just got from an unusual trade. He asked me if they were clean and I said yes. And quite frankly I was surprised when he asked me if they were duped because it was clearly visible that the buds were clean, and not gifted. He told me I was lying so I checked the history and as it turns out they're duped. But as far as I'm concerned if BUDS are not gifted, they're clean. In all my years of trading, I've never once come across anyone who has actually given two s✿✿✿s about checking the history of BUDS to see if they were duped or no. Naturally, I didn't as well and I still maintain that stance.

And then when I continued to tell him that the buds are clean in my opinion, he goes ahead and tells me that I'm trying to "scam" him and "make some money off him" and that I "shouldn't be a part of the trading community" and says he's gonna report me and s✿✿✿. And now we're here.

I've been trading for a long time and never once have I tried to scam anyone or hurt anyone in anyway and its just saddening that someone actually accused me of doing such a thing. And its funny how he conveniently left out the part where I clearly said that in my opinion if buds are not gifted they're clean.

Attached Files:

3. T3D

T3D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50429290
    correction: I was surprised when he asked me if they were clean.* (Sorry, just noticed this. )

Also, I'd like to add that I hadn't traded in quite some time and I was a bit taken aback when he said he'd report me for scamming him cause I've never been in such a situation before. Can't believe he made me doubt my own knowledge. After asking around I'm now 100% sure that I've done nothing wrong. If the buds are non gifted they're clean and I still maintain that stance.
  4. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    I've never seen anyone care about duped buds, I don't really see how this is a scam. Is there any evidence you can provide that shows that he was trying to scam you?

Far as I see, he expressed they were clean in his opinion as they are not gifted, (as I previously said, never seen anyone care about duped buds (well experienced traders at least)) and then you accused him of scamming you because they were duped.
  5. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Given as it has been more than and month and no further evidence or replies have been provided. I'm archiving this report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.