1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561197997555539 Rhinogator (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Rhinogator, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Rhinogator

Rhinogator New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18644905
    steamID: Rhinogator
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:18644905
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997555539
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rhinogator
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197997555539

So, I logged in to tf2op today to found out i was banned the second time (was unbanned once before due to what I believe is the same issue). This time the reason being I am the alternate account of a scammer named boss. (find him in my friendslist). I've known him for a long time, and have traded with him in the past, could this be the reason why I'm marked as his alt? I have 3000 hours in tf2, play alot of other steam games, have a backpack that I've built up over time since the mannco update (one of the original creators of spreasheet). I don't believe it is possible for my account to be anyone's alt. Aside from those reason, I don't have any other proofs to show you guys, let me know what you guys decide, maybe show me some "dirty" items that I might have gotten from him. I strongly feel it is unjustified for me to be tagged as a scammer, when the reason that the steamrep community provides me is "alt account". Let me know how the investigation goes, thank you.
  2. polyvore

polyvore Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41853675
    Why were you unbanned?
  3. Rhinogator

Rhinogator New User

Steam:
    They actually didn't give me a reason for me being unbanned. I pretty much reiterated(appealed) the same thing I have posted here to the tf2op admin and they approved of it. Is there any way for me to look up tf2op ban history conversation? This was roughly 1 week-2 weeks ago.
  4. polyvore

polyvore Retired Staff

Steam:
  5. Rhinogator

Rhinogator New User

Steam:
    I know him in real life, we went to the same school, we'r a small group of friends that often play tf2 together. Item sharing used to be a common thing between us, in fact I was the person that gave him a few hats to start trading with. This was obviously before he was labled as a scammer. Another one of my friend who also plays with boss was recently banned and unbanned again on tf2op as well(prbly the same as me a week or so ago).
  6. B O S S

B O S S New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19783366
    yo whatsup guys this is boss the boss, i aint rhino guys
  7. Rhinogator

Rhinogator New User

Steam:
    self reminder: appeal in 2 months then 4 months
  8. polyvore

polyvore Retired Staff

Steam:
    Appeal granted conditionally

- 2 months can appeal for caution
    - 4 months can appeal for no tag
    - reclaim his alts
    - no scamming reports/activity
    - no item laundering, etc
    - public profile

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**