1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Just An Idea For SteamRep

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by [TNC:A] The_Ultimate_Kaan, Aug 28, 2014.

1. So, I was just wondering if this could help.

I look to all of the reports of TF2/CS:GO/DOTA2 that people sent to SR. Some are lucky it was an attempt but some are unlucky, they get scammed. I feel very sorry for them just like everyone. But the thing real thing that makes me cancer is they can't get their item back. (Some can when their scammer changes his/her heart). And that's the thing I am talking about.

Yes, SteamRep can't give items back because SR isn't affiliated with Valve in any way. Here is my idea. Some admins of SR can contact with Steam and give information about SR and ask Steam if they can work with you.If they accept it, it would be very good and Steam can start give people their items back their items that got scammed. (Maybe even Paypal). But if not, we'll just continue our normal lives again.

I really want the opinion of admins and mods. This is just an idea, I hope you'll accept my idea but you can reject my idea too. I just want the opinion.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    If you had looked over the SR admins, you will notice that a number of them have Valve Employees in their friendslist. As for your request to get SR to get Steam Support to restore items etc, that will not happen. You will have to understand that Valve works with quite "hard" set guidelines on what is done in what situation with a steam support ticket.

They do NOT support trading outside of Steam. So if you exchange anything outside steam, be it paypal, bitcoin, kisses or w/e, they cannot support it. In the early days they did way more, but people started to abuse that, and faked hijacking, faked being scammed etc.

Nowadays the only way to get your items back is in 2 situations:
    - Hijacking: 1 time gesture that you get your items back.
    - Game Revoke: 1 time gesture that you can get the items back that you traded for them.

If either happens a second time, you are out of luck.

If they think its fake, it means a trade VAC ban, which means: deletion of all your items + a VAC ban.

As we are NOT affiliated with Valve, we are not contractually bound to them etc. And anyways, if we would, Valve would be dictating how we would work and not the other way around. We do indicate stuff to valve to improve trading, quite a few of SR's suggestions have been implemented over the years. But we cannot and will not ask Valve to restore stuff on people. The reasons are that we do not want to become a agent in which fake scam reports would be used to get item duplicates, or become a factor for account hijacking etc. It would start to undermine our position with Valve. And it would undermine the trustability of our reports. Now there is NO monetary incentive to make a report. If there would be, in no time ppl would fake reports, and the job becomes way harder for us to be able to judge on a report, for they would make all the screenshots that are needed.
  3. Thank you for the answer Silent. I didn't know that people were that greedy to abuse and make fake scams and hijacking to get duplicates. Oh and yes, I saw you admins have Valve Employee's in your friends list. Anyways, thank you for the answer, I just wanted admins and mods and all other people's opinion and answers about this.
  4. NCPereira

NCPereira New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35293815
    WTB 5 kisses, offering 1 TF2 key.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You can't buy friendship or love.
    gencobra, Deiv, Pacquis and 3 others like this.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    He's not looking for "vampire kisses", thats a whole different quality. He either means "French Kisses" or "Eskimo Kisses" .
  7. NCPereira

NCPereira New User

Steam:
    We were friends. If you wanted them kisses you shouldn't have left me :(
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Don't be offended, I remove everyone, even SR admins, they are all jerks anyhow. Still waiting for that offer tho :rolleyes:
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    hey hey, do not resort to ass-kissing
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  10. Erm guys, I made this thread for your opinions but I never said things about kissing. :)
  11. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    that is your opinion tho.
  12. Sorry, I said it wrong. I created this thread to see what are you guys going to say to my opinion.
    Not for kisses or anything like that :)
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    You try to steal his trade for his manly kisses by downtalking it? Tssk, should ban you, but unfortunately we do not have rules against stealing someone's trades here, for we do believe in fair trading that the best offer may win.
  14. Me?
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Yeap, you want those kisses from @You Are The One don't yah.f
    Question is, is your offer better then 1 TF2 key?

Oh, wait, you're going to kiss back.....
  16. Wut da hell, I don't want kisses cause I'm poor. Even I was rich, I really don't want any or trying to get kisses
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Well, its definitely about out of steam trading, so you're at the right place :rolleyes:
  18. NCPereira

NCPereira New User

Steam:
    Guys, I was kidding before, but if someone is willing to come to Portugal, give me a call and you can get more than kisses. And now I'm serious.
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  20. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Nah since I'm a nice guy you can take my place. And you can give him vampire kisses i don't mind :p