1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is this a Phisher or Troll?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by DareMox, Sep 21, 2014.

1. DareMox

DareMox New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:71053668
    So apperantly i was playing tf2 on plr map.
    Then some user added me,i don't remember his name only thing i remember was that his avatar was some picture
    of spy achievement (I don't know if he changed his picture because i unfriended him immediatly)
    I asked him "Are you intrested in something?" then he tells me that he want's to be friend with me, i say him that i don't accept friends unless it's about trading.
    After that he tells me that his "dad" is a gabe newel steam moderator (At this point i thought he was a troll)
    I told him that he was a troll (I was tired to chat ) because i saw his steam profile, he is level 2 if his father was gabe newel then he would have a lot games,higher level and other stuff.
    After that he tells me that he has another account full of items,and that he was going to give me account password and id in 10 minutes.I just said no,he repleys with "ok you had a chance" (I didn't took picture)
    then i unfriended him.
    Later something came trought my mind about him saying he's second account is full of item.
    At that moment i thought "Did he stole that account by phishing?Why does he want to get rid of account full of stuff?Why would he give it to me?"
    I obiviously don't know,but i just wonder did this happen to anyone else and did he wanted to get rid of his account because it was stolen?
    P.S sorry if there is gramar mistakes and if it's too long.
  2. DareMox

DareMox New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:71053668
    I forgot to picture it because at that time i thought he was troll
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    with your description, it was a troll, would he have asked for your info, then it was a bad phishing attempt
  4. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

[JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44619298
    If it not he would have just already have access to your account by using gabe's master account. LollopLollop
  5. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

[JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44619298
    ^ using iPad... Autocorrect fail!