1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SteamRep needs to start reaching out to people to mod...

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Enstage, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SevenStars

SevenStars New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42919798
    Gonna have to agree with Lava on the point with Administrator tags, I could see the advantages of having only 2 administrators however in smaller communities. With a community as big as this one though and with the bulk of the reports I don't think it would be manageable at this time or in the foreseeable future.

I hate to come off as rude, but what was the point in bringing it up in the first place if you have no intentions of arguing about it in this thread? Especially if you don't think its relevant. I mean, you could have just not mentioned it at all and just saved everyone the trouble of reading it and like myself, become curious about the point that you're trying to portray.
  2. Warshooter

Warshooter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3582831
    That's the thing I meant.
    Test my skills, Interrogate me, ... but I wouldn't want to kiss up. That's why I was unsure about the whole 'voucher' thing.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't "interview" admins or take applications for what I do and servers I run.... I interact with them over a long period of time and gather trust then I approach them with it and I ask them not the other way around.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I think the point when a community admin vouches for you is when you've worked for their community and they vouch for your work.
    Pacquis likes this.
  5. Pacquis

Pacquis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35235363
    Pretty much, its obvious you are not gonna get a vouch from a partner community just because you are "kewl"
    here is the example with lava at the start he had little messages on steamrep,got accepted and you can see on his profile that he is not lazing around.
    Vouches are like lets say a recommendation from said community, its up to the steamrep staff to decide if they think he is qualified enough.
    its not the same going to a partner community and picking one of the mods/admins on there and cross their fingers that they picked the right one.
    (1 apologize for the grammar English is not my 1st language and i suck at it.)
  6. Ursus

Ursus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54328884
    But this again brings us back to the same point: CSGO has 3.6 million players, a lot of people trading and the whole "community" is centered around quite toxic csgolounge. There is no real forums or discussions...

Let's say that I want as Warshooter to help trading community to fish out scammers. Apart from directly coming here there is hardly any option... unless you want to join TF2/DOTA2 sites...
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Then you set up a site and forums for CSGO discussions....you invest the time and money into it. If what you say is true and there is nothing in that regard but people looking for it then I'm sure it will explode in popularity. So you set up this community and then apply to be a partner here all the while you are actively using SR's system to detect scammers that are using it and perhaps in the future those that you find you can report directly to SR.
    Damn what a wonderful idea!!
    Don't say you can't either cause everyone can do whatever they want if they set their minds to it....rather than complaining and wanting everyone else to do the work for you step up to the plate and start that ball rolling.
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
  8. Ursus

Ursus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54328884
    That it actually neat idea and believe me I was thinking about... I just don't like starting from scratch part.

I'm realistic that between work/family/irl commitments I won't have time to maintain whole community. If you ask do I have enough time to start new community? NO.
    Would I actively join existing one (as steamrep) to work on filtering scam reports? YES.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I didn't make WA myself... I have a partner that helped me start it and helps me run it. I also had to consult others for assistance on some issues that came up here and there. Find others that have skills and wish to do the same thing and partner up. Maintaining a community isn't hard once you set the foundation and have it running.
    If you really can't or won't then try hooking up with another (not SR directly - meaning other gaming community)...perhaps that way you can grow it and the CSGO side of it.
  10. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Well, this thread some whta blew up haha...
  11. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    It was dead until you bumped it.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I'll do the funeral.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
Thread Status: