1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Suggestion- Reduce the backlog.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Tio José das Vacas, Aug 21, 2014.

1. CSGOLounge - ImRainy

CSGOLounge - ImRainy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41870409
    @SilentReaper(SR)

• Appeals are generally done from the oldest first, to keep it fair to anybody.
    But that's not true at all..

I'm going through archived appeals finding lots that aren't in fact done that way.

Why not change policy that allow the number of reports handled to equal those of appeals.

For Example: I'm a SR admin, I just finished a report, now I have to do an appeal, there are Reports>Appeals so this will be a step along with many others. (Enabling donations, hiring staff, promoting more volunteer staff, ect.)

Right now the admins who are "appeals admins" are still primarly handling reports.

Another option is to designate solely appeals admins, and solely report admins to concentrate efforts and specialize, allowing them to handle cases with more expediency.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Hi, nice to meet you! You must be new here.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  3. CSGOLounge - ImRainy

Steam:
    Thanks for the helpful post.
  4. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    I don't think you know what sarcasm is
  5. CSGOLounge - ImRainy

Steam:
    Really? Something you might of missed... it wasn't a helpful post.
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @CSGOLounge - ImRainy,

We already are organized, thank you. Also, a report takes not that much time versus a appeal, which takes 1-4 hours of work of an appeals admin. How we organize the appeals and whom those are doing them is up to us, and we're very much aware of our backlog.

I'll link you to something else too:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/expanded-faq-recommended.7263/page-2#post-169222

As for appeals being pulled forwards, when a appeal is made, it lands in this subforum: http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/appeal/
    A admin will then do a quick checkup on the appeal: is it valid (1st appeal, appealing for that account, conditions we set, etc), what kind of appeal, etc. If the appeal gets a priority, its at that point decided. Questions may be asked to complete the appeal, without putting it "under investigation".
    Once that is done, it gets moved to the appropriate subforum, and the wait for their turn begins. Or not, for currently like more then half of the appeals are re-appeals, incorrect appeals etc, those get moved straight to archive for being invalid, or being archived. Hence you see all those recent appeals in the "archived appeals" subforum.

We do that, to keep the appeals section clean of garbage, better checking stuff at the doorstep before putting it somewhere.

If a admin comes across a case and finds the need to handle it, it will be done earlier sometimes. Most times, when we take on appeals:
    - We take the oldest "active" appeal (asked questions on a old appeal, and got answers recently)
    - We look over an older appeal: is the appeal easy to handle (a lot of factors come into play for that, so I'm not even starting to name that), if so, we do that one.
    - etc.
    - We take the oldest appeal

And that this gets a out of order handling is part of the process.
    Also, if you had looked AT ALL in the archived appeals section, you will notice that its mainly 2 admins handling them there: You Are The One and yours truly. I'm not doing much reports, only if there is some priority one for w/e reason. I don't know if YATO is doing any reports, for I'm not stalking 'm. And even if he did reports, it would not matter.

An appeal is there to check if the appealer is innocent, or an error was made with the report, or that the offense was light enough for us to lower the tag, along with if the appeal was sincere and honest, repayment was done and in what way, etc etc. Most assume that the appeal process is a given for them. Its not. In contrary even, most will get denied, there are simply not much errors that we make, and most of our tags are severe enough that we won't entertain lowering it to Caution or removal.

And this is the end of this subject here, or I'll give you a time-out. When your number is up, its up. Nothing can get it earlier.

I'm adding your SR ID Block for future searches regarding your appeal below:
    | steamname: _powerade [RIP-M]
    | steam3ID: [U:1:83740818]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:41870409
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044006546
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ImRainy
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044006546
  7. CSGOLounge - ImRainy

Steam:
    You're going to give me a time-out for posting suggestions in a suggestion thread? What?

What does that mean.. You're blocking my appeal from ever happening?
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    1. No, for trying to get your appeal pushed.
    2. No, but at an appeal, anything even slightly related will be looked at by the appeal admin. By including the ID block, this gets easily found.
  9. CSGOLounge - ImRainy

Steam:
    I'm trying to understand why a priority report would not then translate into a priority appeal.. My report was handled within 2 days while I was away, now your telling me I'm on a 2 year waiting list but SteamRep's management is fine?
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    That is the policy with appeals. Reports get mostly done latest first, to be more up on current ones then running behind so much leaving those that are active free reign. And yeah, some get "priority" for various reasons.
  11. CSGOLounge - ImRainy

Steam:
    That's like saying our companies priority is sales, however if you'd like to return something? Uh, yeah that'll be a few years.. Maybe sooner though? How about you come back weekly and check if we can refund you then.
  12. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Since your appeal will not be processed until its addressed in due course and this thread has deviated from its original purpose, I am archiving it.