1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

3rd party/Community site bans

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by DieselBlue☆, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieselBlue☆

DieselBlue☆ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33173726
    Can anyone explain to me why SR allows these 3rd party sites to control the bans and scammer tags and that some others are called "defunct" and SR can handle their bans?

I am not too sure why Steam rep can't just handle the report tags themselves. Especially if the server has different rules to SR and blocks them from appealing. I know SR and other communities aren't perfect but I do believe some of them are slightly "corrupt".

I also don't understand why I am not even given a chance to appeal on MCT, I was banned from there forums and PinkTaco doesn't deal with bans directly. So am I now permanently marked for something I have proof/evidence against?

Friendly comments are appreciated.

Untitled.png
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    3rd party sites are just that, 3rd party sites, they control their own tags. Unless a site looses accreditation or goes defunct, we do not directly manage other sites tags.
    If you already appealed with them, then nothing is left for you to do. If not, try adding one of their admins directly over steam or use their sites contact feature if it has one.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Mattie! likes this.
  3. DieselBlue☆

DieselBlue☆ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33173726
    Thank you for the very helpful comment, I will try to seek out an admin on MCT. However I have doubts, I had a friend who said to me he got banned for quoting someone being racist. :/
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Partner's and Friends are still required to maintain valid evidence or data for applying tags that work thru the SteamRep database. Being racist or cursing for examples are not valid reasons to apply SR tags so if your friend has proof of this then they should let one of the SR Admins know. Servers or groups can however ban anyone from their services for any reason they feel they wish to use but it can't carry over to the SR database as its used by many many groups/servers.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Each case is different, and privately discussed by the admins. Just because one innocent-looking person was denied an appeal doesn't mean you'll be denied if you're innocent; you may not know the whole story behind your friend's case. Also, to be clear, racism would most likely be a server ban, not a scammer tag. Completely different story, and the appeal for that would be handled differently.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. Pacquis

Pacquis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35235363
  7. Pacquis

Pacquis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35235363
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    My notes in that thread indicate that it was looked into and MCT declined to lift it.
    Indeed, ended in a lock like the old one.

@DieselBlue☆ Please stop making threads on SR trying to get your tag redressed by SR. Its an MCT tag.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.