1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198158028399 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Golden DinosaurIII, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Golden DinosaurIII

Golden DinosaurIII New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50794540
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198158028399

Victim profile: 76561198061854809

What happened? Description:
    Scamming items by sending links that spreads when at least one of my friends clicked the link. I accidentally clicked the link and the link spread throughout my steam friends. It it just today, December 2, 2014, that I was alerted by my friend that my valuable items were missing and it is because of the linked I accidentally clicked. I don't even know who the scammer is, so why would I give all of my valuable items to someone I don't know personally or there is nothing I get in return. I can not provide a chat session with the accused scammer because he/she did not directly send the link but through my steam friends and all the items I lost were received by him/her.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. cheatnow

cheatnow New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43206935
    Steam rep doesn't handle phising reports this should be reported to valve directly.
    Make sure to change your pass.
  3. Golden DinosaurIII

Golden DinosaurIII New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50794540
    changed my pass since i clicked that link, how to report to valve anyways?
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    What you describe appears to be a case of phishing, which we do not investigate as per our investigative policy.