1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198066265426 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Julia Gillard the Honest, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Gillard the Honest

Julia Gillard the Honest New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22663639
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198066265426

Victim profile: 76561198013082575

What happened? Description:
    Short story: Staged hijacking. Lategum intended to trade with a known hijacker all along. "Added to buy your hats, I'm marked too. Willing to pay lots of pure"​

Provide Evidence:
    Long story: Lategum's been tagged since he bought the Level 3 Burning TC. http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,3331274893,378,5 Shortly after that, he began claiming to have been hijacked by the infamous Penek --- a well-known hijacker --- after which the TC went to Penek. Please note that these claims have been from the 22nd of December in GMT+12:00 time, but certainly before the 19th of December.

Not being terrible intelligent, however, Lategum forgot to delete his intention to trade with Penek before claiming to have been hijacked. http://steamcommunity.com/id/from0tohero/ Lategum left a note on Penek's profile (please see the first attached image). Yes, clicking on the accused's icon leads to Lategum's profile (see the second attached image). Yes, this is the Lategum who I've accused above, at the time of me typing this (for if he changes his custom URL later).​

Attached Files:

2. Julia Gillard the Honest

Steam:
    Added notes: Please do indeed notice the words used by Lategum. "Added to buy your hats, I'm marked too. Willing to pay lots of pure" Lategum was fully aware that Penek is SR-tagged so must've discovered that in some manner, which would've led him to the discovery that Penek's a hijacker. Also, Penek's clients are known to use all sorts of imaginary stories to cover their dealings with him (see, for example, the reports on [F2P] Lone Knight where that accused person simply bought from several separate accounts in an attempt to avoid detection). In addition to all of this, in Vox's current report on Lategum, Lategum is found to have also staged a spy crab gamble with Eriksson.

Side note: As a staged hijacking is (impractically) difficult to prove, I have simply provided a collection of suggestive evidence. Lategum himself does have the power to prove that he really was hijacked by later providing Steam responses stating the restoration of his account to his control, if he chooses to show this (which won't really help him with anything now, however). However, he has successfully spread the rumour of his hijacking and now there will be dozens, if not hundreds, of people who will come to his defense with claims such as, "It's common knowledge that Lategum was hijacked!" Before those people do do this, I simply ask them to please consider why they believe this first and if the reason was simply "Lategum said so on his profile!" then please withdraw before commenting.
  3. Julia Gillard the Honest

Steam:
    I forgot to mention something: Please note that Lategum last played games on what Steam calls the 24th of December, while he's claiming to be hijacked.

Attached Files:

• PLG3.jpg
      PLG3.jpg
      File size:
      169.2 KB
      Views:
  4. Julia Gillard the Honest

Steam:
    For future reference: Lategum recently made his backpack private just before he began claiming to have been hijacked. This is particularly inconvenient for us as we can't verify that Penek didn't give him any items in exchange for the Burning TC.
  5. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
  6. Julia Gillard the Honest

Steam:
    Wow. Talk about a fast way to lose all respect for someone. There are many additional details that I've included here. Furthermore, I'm simply sharing what I've found. Your one is one of those common, pointless (I can use that word too) posts from someone wanting to throw weight around. You've absolutely no right to tell me not to report my findings. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you withdraw your attempts to bully me out of submitting SteamRep reports. Yes, I am very aware that this'll go unseen for many years but I've also created this report for my own records. It is very unnecessary (and incorrect) of you to call my findings "pointless" so please refrain from doing this again.

Merry Christmas.
    Chewbs likes this.
  7. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    You misunderstand me. I am saying he is already banned for this offense. I was clarifying that ultimately this report does nothing as the situation was already completely handled by a partner community. His appeal will not be accepted. I am by no means telling you to not report users.
  8. |||Dobroslav Augustin

|||Dobroslav Augustin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44042645
    According to Penek he did hijack Lategum and had to pay 50% to the hijacker. I doubt this was staged as Penek quicksold the TC for barely more than Lategum payed for it. The only way this would make sense is if he did it to dupe another TC as Lategum is already marked.
  9. Lategum

Lategum Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52999849
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    3Rd party report that should have never been left active.
    Don't review 3rd party reports. Don't review evidence of hijacking accusations either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.