1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Petty scams worth reporting?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Pulpy Wine, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Pulpy Wine

Pulpy Wine New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41168214
    Having items with high value i get this s✿✿✿ daily, and i was wondering if it was worth reporting, i hope no one falls for it because its pretty obvious, but i would also like for the users to be punished for being so sad.

c4b4d9ed20fa9008bd5962986c27ecdb.png dd575e459c1c79d90ed6abf22c6336b8.png
  2. n0:name

n0:name FoG Owner Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26752334
    The first one yes, we already banned a bunch of people for that, second one is rather lowballing than scamming.
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Yes reporting scams/attempted scams of low value are worth reporting. Let me ask you this: If you can't trust someone with low value items, how will you trust them with high value ones? Keep in mind Steamrep is not here to punish people, it is here to warn traders about less-than-honest traders. As stated above, the second one would be hard to prove a scam since you can see the items in the window before you accept the trade.
  4. Pulpy Wine

Pulpy Wine New User

Steam:
    alright thanks
  5. Pulpy Wine

Pulpy Wine New User

Steam:
    Well i wouldn't appreciate a community ban on my profile for something as stupid as this, so its what i meant by punish.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Unfortunately, those scam attempts sometimes get them the goods. And for the victims, they want to see other traders warned about such.
  7. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Where did that warning come from?
    I tried the trade offer thing with nothing in return, and there was no warning message
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Not sure what warning you are talking about....
  9. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
  10. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Pretty sure they've changed the message since this thread first went up. I've been getting this on anyone that has been reported recently:
    offermessage.PNG
    The red message doesn't show up anymore, but now there is something else to click through. This shows up after you click the confirm contents box. Let's hope people actually read it instead of just clicking the big green button.
    Just hid the name so I'm not promoting a certain service.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  11. CallMePHP

CallMePHP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:75876310
    hy acount has been scam :(
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    those warnings pop up when profile reports where done to their profiles. Some may be triggered by specific word choices or occurrences in them etc. Its part of the automated systems valve use to deter scams.
  13. King Aleksandar

King Aleksandar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54788424
    Any scam is still a scam, worth reporting so another member of the community doesn't get scammed.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hmm, we have a bit different definitions of scam then what most people think. And I've got the feeling you don't know these. I Suggest that you read our guides.