1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198148200748 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by JustMikaela, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustMikaela

JustMikaela New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45166255
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198148200748

Victim profile: 76561198050598239

What happened? Description:
    Basically, this random guy added me to negotiate about TF2 Keys and Earbuds. I told him I am selling Earbuds for €24 each and TF2 Keys for €1.52 each. He then wanted to buy 2 Earbuds and 12 keys. He asked me if I can "split the deal into 2 parts" just for his safety (view Conversation 1). I understood and agreed. I told him that he can pay for the first bud and then the next bud and 12 keys, he was happy with that and we made a deal.​

Provide Evidence:
    (Conversation 1) - After I gave him my PayPal details and the message for PayPal. He sent me an "invoice" instead of directly choosing the instant "Send Money" option. I checked my PayPal to see if the balance directly went into my balance, but it didn't.

According to (Evidence 1) the "Terms and Conditions" stated that, "This is a Paypal gift. This amount will take up to few hours to be credited on your Paypal balance. This payment is non-refundable and no charge back."

I cautiously checked at PayPal if the terms and conditions note was actually from PayPal. When I checked the "create invoice" (Evidence 2) I noticed that the buyer or the customer actually makes the notes not PayPal itself. So I found it a little bit suspicious.

I then discussed with the buyer of the 2 buds and 12 keys that the money wasn't sent yet in my balance and I have to wait a couple of hours (Conversation 2). I then told him for my own safety that I will not send him the first earbud until the payment actually comes into my balance. I have never received any invoice before, so I was very cautious at that moment. However, as stated in my trading rules I promised to give any items if payment is successfully paid (that's why I told him "I reserved" his earbuds and keys) in (Conversation 2). I told the buyer that I will immediately send him a trade offer for his 1st earbud if the payment went through, but it's still pending. I am also not very sure why isn't the money in my balance if the "status" stated "marked as paid".... That's when I started to find him suspicious. I then checked his status @ steamrep.com and found 2 reports of "PayPal Scam Attempts".

Additionally, according to (Evidence 3) I have not received any money in my balance yet and the payment due date clearly stated "8/1/2015 - 8/1/2015", but it's now the 9th of January 2015.... This is clearly a scam.

P.S. This is what the 2 victims of this culprit had mentioned: "Sent me a paypal invoice disguised as a payment receipt. Tried to weasel items out of me while I waited for payment to go through."

Also, about (Conversation 3) I started to find him suspicious because typical scammers would back out if they didn't get what they want. He wanted me to send the items after he sent that invoice and run away with it.... That is why this user is asking for the money back so I don't get to trade him the items he ordered and so that he couldn't fool and scam me. He also randomly "unfriended me" for I don't know what reasons... Also, I doubt that he actually got another trader who have better prices (I am actually exaggerating or basically lying in the conversation that I actually believed in what he said... because I already knew he's an attempting scammer) HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TEAM FORTRESS 2 INSTALLED. He doesn't even have items in his backpack or have a big backpack history....​

Attached Files:

2. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.