1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

lol

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by AcesGamer, Jan 8, 2015.

1. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    So what you are asking is will SR mark for someone paying someone else to "take a dive"?

I agree its not good but whats next? We mark for this then mark for someone not trying hard enough in a boxing match on a server or a sniper duel cause of a suspected unlawful prearranged outcome? Do you require seeing money/keys/buds/Unusuals trading hands with the 3rd party to have enough evidence to really hold water?

Lots of questions no matter how you slice it.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    I see the witch hunt has spilled over to here as well...

What exactly does that screenshot show? I see someone with Teeird's name promising money if they throw the game, sure, but was that actually him or was it one of his many impostors?
    I don't really see this going anywhere, at least not simply because of this shot. If there is some sort of investigation and something is found, great, you got him. I kinda doubt that'll happen, though.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Golden profile, there's only 100 of those. It would be more believable that it was photoshopped.

I don't see any SteamRep history that showed the two being friends.

But --- clearly he talked with spiker. Because he posted this status the day before that stream screenshot was taken: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/119-teeird/?status_id=126419 . Seems interesting that he doesn't bring that up in his responses on Reddit or bp.tf.

[​IMG]

That being said, these kind of things are really not Steam trade related. It's a tough argument to say that SteamRep has any policy jurisdiction to ban even if this was true.

Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  7. Gamma032

Gamma032 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42303924
    If you give a trader a mark or a caution for trading with a scammer, how is that any different to knowingly conveying an offer that obviously breaks the law? I thought you guys were "Online Fraud Prevention" or whatever now. People in all source games look to SteamRep for this kind of information.
  8. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    I'd have to agree there. My main point is there is no real identifying features in the shot other than the name. No urls, nothing to help validate it as something real.

Right, I thought SteamRep's main focus is fraud prevention and awareness. I'm not sure this falls into something SteamRep can do anything about.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We have been internally discussing this. Once we reach consensus on what would be the best course for us in this, we will act accordingly. We regularly get cases thrown to us that are out of bounds to us. Examples of such are making a banner by a graphical artist for a bud, Creating a website for money, making/creating maps for money/steam items, making a sourcemod plugin for money, and people either not delivering their payment for the maker of such, or not giving full resources on things they have made to the person that pays for it etc. The difficulty is that we are already low on resources, and cannot do every scam in the world. Also, other things come into play then that we may have no experience with in validating: voice chats, other chat programs that we cannot validate towards a steam account. Our focus is and stays on Steam, but even there we cannot do everything, and have to focus on our core rules on reports. Exceptions can be made, but that still has some other problems.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    its not really in SRs prelude