1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198089494695 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by brendan [HAX], Dec 27, 2014.

1. brendan [HAX]

brendan [HAX] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35553083
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198089494695

Victim profile: 76561198031371895

What happened? Description:
    During a game of MvM, I received a friend invitation from what I thought was an individual who wanted to buy my items that I have for sale. However, it turns out that he impersonated the 'Make A Wish Foundation' company in order to try and make me donate items that he can then "sell to fund video games for children in need".

This is such a low and derogatory act just to gain items. I know this incident might not occur to some as a report-worth incident, but it surely needs to be dealt with properly.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 188591
    Initial interaction. As you can see, he definitely broke his 'professionalism' by responding with "yeah das right b✿✿✿✿" before deleting me from his friend's list.

View attachment 188593
    As you can see here, by the time I finished MvMing and click on his profile page, he is already trying to cover up the evidence of him impersonating the 'Make A Wish Foundation' company by making several new aliases.

View attachment 188595
    Lucky for him I was fast enough to catch the evidence of his alias when he approached me.

View attachment 188599
    30 minutes after the accused deleted me, I readded him to see what he would do and turns out he tries to pretend that we've never met and obviously doesn't care about him getting caught or not.​

Attached Files:

2. Kaisar

Kaisar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37563795
    The same guy added me earlier today while I was playing CS:GO, pretending to be the "Steam Offence Unit" I honestly was just having fun screwing with him but I figured I may as well check his SteamRep and create a post, then I saw someone did all the work for me, thanks Brendan <3.

I've attached two screen shots below. One of the chat log he had with me, and the other with his steam profile page at the time - which has his permalink on top. You can see in his aliases that he literally admits to "scamming two keys."

This guy needs a perma-trade ban.

Attached Files:

3. KeRRR

KeRRR Endless Gamers Admin Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:471210
    Just tried this with me, reporting him now. Said he would pay 26 keys for buds, but pay me back after he came back from holiday, haha. I have his ip to issue an extended ban off all associated steam accounts if that helps.