1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Want to try the SteamRep Web API Beta?

Discussion in 'SteamRep API Discussion' started by Mattie!, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pazuru

Pazuru New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12291466
    I'd like to have access to the SteamRep Web API for my 12,000+ member trading bot group, www.BotBros.net , to verify a users reputation before allowing the bots to trade with them.
  2. Lee.

Lee. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30166838
    hi, we would like to apply for the api access for our site steamcn.com
  3. Ax_6

Ax_6 Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16184160
    Hi,
    I'm interested into having access to your web api, I'm the owner of sfuminator.tf and I would like to prevent people marked as scammers from using the automated trading system. A request will be fired on the first login, and the information will be stored on a database, the status will be updated every 2-3 weeks and only if user is active. People already marked as scammers won't be checked again unless an explicit request by the user.

Thanks for your consideration.
  4. obstipator

obstipator New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24911061
    Hello,

I'm one of the TF2TP devs and I'd like to finally integrate automatic scammer detection into our site. I've got some extra free time thanks to the holidays.
    We plan to use the API to only check each user when they revisit our site and its been at least 24 hours since the last checkup on them. At this point, the can either be autobanned or un-autobanned if they had made an appeal.

Thanks!

Edit: Got everything all set up. Thanks!
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  5. V1TSK

V1TSK New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16969344
    Hello.

I want to add SteamRep scammer protection on one of the biggest russian Team Fortress 2 fan site - team-fortress.su.

Thanks.
  6. roadrunner

roadrunner New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7401936
    Hey there,
    I'm the creator of a website called SteamCompanion.com. I'd like to use SteamRep for the profile section of my website. The goal is to show users whether or not the user has had a history of scamming. We will then proceed on preventing those scammers from using the service all together.

SteamRep results will only be updated when the user logs in to the website, and it's been at least 24-48 hours since the last checkup

I really enjoy the work you've guys been doing. I'm also interested in becoming a partner community to you guys.

Thank you
  7. Rempah

Rempah New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63788942
    Hi, I would like to request access to SteamRep beta API.
    I would like to build a browser add-on for firefox and chrome that will show steamrep on user profile, also while trading.

I can assure you that my add-on will meets all beta-access requirement.

8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    There is currently a GreaseMonkey script that was made by @n0:name that does that, but is lesser functional for CSP was enabled on Valve's site not too long ago. Disabling CSP in the browser makes it working again.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/expanded-faq-recommended.7263/page-3#post-220785
    Not yet adjusted for that, for I'm against disabling this security feature for users.

A different one is in the making as a native plugin for Firefox, which won't have that problem, but I can't tell much atm about it. A chrome version is in the planning after that.
  9. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    The plugin made by @n0:name also works for chrome btw, just you need Tampermonkey :3
  10. Rempah

Rempah New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63788942
    My planning is to create native add-on for both browser, but hey, the script work for both, I'll just skip my plan :D

thanks
  11. Gio!?

Gio!? Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24604450
    Hello, I would like to make use of the SteamRep API

For a brief explanation of my intentions I would like to refer you to paragraph 3 and 4 of my Introduction thread
  12. ferus

ferus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:24745970
    Hello everyone,
    I would like to request access to the SteamRep API.
    I am a creator of a CS:GO item trading site - http://csgotraders.net
    (we are currently sitting at 13,000 users with more than 500 trade offers/day and over 1k unique visitors/day with an average of 08:00:00 min/user session).

I already have a dynamic link to SteamRep user profiles on my site, but I want to show user reputation via API on our users/admins demand.

Of course results will be cached for an hour or so, we don't want to overload API requests limits.
    Future features would include banning users on steamrep notice (when one of the users will request a reputation scan) or mark them as a possible fraud on user report.

Thanks a lot :)
  13. Inverted

Inverted New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:15824029
    Hi,

I'm currently working on the new version of SteamExchange. SteamExchange is a website to trade Steam games.
    I'd like to use SteamRep to ban known scammers and unlist their trades.
    Checks will be done when:
    - The user logs in
    - The user's profile is viewed
    - A trade by the user is viewed
    The result will be cached for 8 hours after which the request will be done again when one of the above things happen.

Thanks.
  14. |LZ| Repulsion Gel

|LZ| Repulsion Gel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18211643
    Hey,

I would like to use the api in my mobile application (Play Store, thread on bp.tf). Mainly for checking statuses.
    Checks will only be done when a user's profile is viewed. Checks will be cached for half an hour.

Thanks
  15. MLGMarket

MLGMarket New User

Hello,

We would like access to the API Beta for our website MLGMarket, the website is intended to be a marketplace much alike the Steam one however we enable users to buy and sell items using real money which can be withdrawn from the site. All checks will be cached for up to 24 hours and only checked upon users key action points such as deposits, withdrawals and purchases on the website. With the API we wish to use it to validate user's to ensure there isn't any issues with the transactions and are currently deciding upon applying to become apart of the Online Fraud Prevention Foundation.

A response would be very much appreciated.

With Thanks

The MLGMarket Team
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hmm, you might run into legal trouble with this:
    That counts as banking, and there are a LOT of laws involving that. As those have requirements involve having real life information (name, social number, address, etc) something even Paypal is not up to par with, you might want to reconsider that feature.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. MLGMarket

MLGMarket New User

Thanks for the concern, we are currently speaking law firms and accountants in order to make sure it is all above board, not too much of an issue for us.
  18. TBotV63

TBotV63 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81290635
    Hi, I'm interested in access to your Web API. What I want to do is basically warn users before they trade with scammers as part of a trading utility. It doesn't have a URL yet and is still in the proof-of-concept Stage.
  19. The Pickle Man

The Pickle Man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20237028
    Hey, I'm the creator of a mobile steam trading app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aegamesi.steamtrade ). As part of a big update I'm releasing, I'd like to integrate SteamRep support. I was originally just planning to have a link to a user's SteamRep page on their profile, but I think it would be a nice addition if it warned the user if the person they were about to (or were) trading with had a special status on SteamRep (and then cache the value, of course).
  20. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    We wish to request an API for our websites forums, we will use it to restrict access for marked scammers on the site when they use the 'Sign in Through Steam' button.

The website is: smexy-trading.net

Thanks,
    Enstage
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.