1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198163335184 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by GLaMONSTER, Jan 11, 2015.

1. GLaMONSTER

GLaMONSTER New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37735950
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198163335184

Victim profile: 76561198035737629

What happened? Description:
    His reputation thread on his description:
    http://tf2reputation.elementfx.com/repthreads/triggerhappyrepthread.html
    (I haven't been into trading before and I'm not sure whether or not that is a legit site, but I very much doubt it).
    I checked his steam profile before accepting his invite: he has 0 items in his inventory; has only bought 1 game (CSGO); and only has 45 hours total play time (25 of which were in the past 2 weeks). So the idea of him having 26 pages of reputation seems preposterous.

After accepting his invite we had a brief conversation. He asked me if I was taking offers on my hat, I said yes and he offered $60 through paypal. Telling me has has 26 pages of rep through the link on his description. When I told him I wouldn't be willing to do money with him due to the state of his profile he immediately removed and blocked me (which I found suspicious). So I mean I may be completely wrong about this, and I wouldn't have done a report usually over this if it was with someone who was already marked- as there isn't really much evidence supporting it; it's all hypotheticals. But as he isn't marked yet and his behaviour was suspicious I thought I'd better incase he was intending to scam- as this could prevent him from doing so in the future.

Also I put this in other as I wasn't quite sure, I believe it was an attempted paypal scam; also due to how new his account was possibly an alt of an already marked scammer; and I also suspect that the reputation he supplied was fake. (3 of the possible reasons to report). Anyway sorry if this was just me being stupid but better safe than sorry I guess :) .​

Provide Evidence:
    Chat log:
    Never tell your password to anyone.
    Its my birthday, f✿✿✿ you all: Hey :) what can I do for you?
    Trigger Happy!: Hey!
    Trigger Happy!: Just a moment
    Its my birthday, f✿✿✿ you all: Alright :)
    Trigger Happy!: Are you taking offers on your safeguard?
    Its my birthday, f✿✿✿ you all: Yep ^^
    Trigger Happy!: Could you do $60 paypal? my rep thread link is in my bio. I have 26 pages of ONLY cash trading rep. I'm also a trusted buyer.
    Its my birthday, f✿✿✿ you all: I would not sorry, I checked through your rep
    Trigger Happy! is now Offline.
    Trigger Happy! is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
    Its my birthday, f✿✿✿ you all: You've bought 1 game, have under 100 hundred hours playtime and no items in your inventory

His description (incase he changes it to remove the rep link which I suspect to be fake):
    Avid TF2 and CSGO trader.

ENSURE YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE REAL ME, CHECK THE LIST IN MY REP THREAD

MY TIMEZONE IS WESTERN (US):http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Those of you on the other side of the pond may not see me online very often, but if I have accepted you then we will speak at some point.

If I have deleted you then it is because i did not recognise your name or we have not traded for a while, it's nothing personal i trade a lot of people and always need to make space. Feel free to re-add me if you wish to trade.

LZ; one of the biggest gaming commuities in Europe (100k+ members) now has a trading section, check it out!

My Rep Thread [tf2reputation.elementfx.com]​

Attached Files:

2. Tony Reigns

Tony Reigns New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51539823
  3. GLaMONSTER

GLaMONSTER New User

Steam:
    Oh alright! :) glad I wasn't just being overly cautious then. Interestingly enough as he's impersonating you right now he has one banned friend who was banned for impersonation. Perhaps he is an alt of it? o:
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198055355567
    And ^^ I think we have enough evidence together then to get him a van :) impersonation + a scam attempt. Hopefully he shall be dealt with soon :) all the best ~ Dan
  4. Sandalf

Sandalf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56202924
    This user has also scammed me out of $100 dollars... I was getting my unusual hat signed by stabby stabby, but the person that i thought was stabby was not actually him... So he impersonated stabby and pretended like he was signing my hat...
  5. Sandalf

Sandalf New User

Steam:
    Edit: PLEASE GET THIS PERSON BANNED
  6. Sandalf

Sandalf New User

Steam:
    Edit: Please tell me if you would like the pictures
  7. GLaMONSTER

GLaMONSTER New User

Steam:
    Oh crap! God that's awful. Is there any way you can get your money back if you contact steam and paypal?
    Also I don't use this much so I could be wrong but I think they'd need the screenshots!
    Sorry to hear about what happened to you though honestly these scammers are such twat faces.
    Wish you well - Dan :)
  8. Sandalf

Sandalf New User

Steam:
  9. GLaMONSTER

GLaMONSTER New User

Steam:
    The link didn't work for me! (Could
    Just be my browser though :) ) and crap sorry to hear that!! I think well have enough together to get him banned though and stop him from doing it again!
  10. Sandalf

Sandalf New User

Steam:
    The only thing thats wrong with this is that this acount was created around 3 weeks ago
  11. GLaMONSTER

GLaMONSTER New User

Steam:
    Oh alright thanks I didn't know that! I think we do have enough to get him though :)
  12. Sandalf

Sandalf New User

Steam:
  13. GLaMONSTER

GLaMONSTER New User

Steam:
  14. Sandalf

Sandalf New User

Steam:
    By the way, do you have backpack.tf premimum? or know some one?
  15. Tony Reigns

Tony Reigns New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51539823
    Sandalf, I suggest making your own report against him. He's going to get marked either way but having another separate report is better as the reports will be dealt with faster.
  16. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @GLaMONSTER Thanks for your report, this should be ready for an admin to review. That is a verbatim copy of Tony's reputation thread, with links changed to point to his own profile. Any doubts can be laid to rest in that it's an exact copy of our partner community, Mann Co Trading's website, and that the links to the other 25 pages of this "thread" point back to Tony's original rep thread.

@Sandalf Please fill out your own report. Don't post in other people's reports. We won't look at it unless your evidence is in its own report. http://forums.steamrep.com/forms/scam-report.2/respond

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
  17. GLaMONSTER

GLaMONSTER New User

Steam:
    I don't sorry ^^' why? o:
  18. GLaMONSTER

GLaMONSTER New User

Steam:
    Alrighty thank you :)!!! ^~^
  19. King RuneClown

King RuneClown New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46228563
  20. King RuneClown

King RuneClown New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46228563
    Thank goodness for the person posting this report, or I may have lost 2.7k dollars of unusuals.