1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Suggestion about Archived Data

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Eoj Nawoh, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    For instance: Current
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198040449464?t=

A bit ago:
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198040449464?t=1341794153

I would suggest, that on any page that is shown in the past that a warning or disclaimer be added, that "You are viewing archived data on this profile" or etc.

I was recently approached by a scammer who used a link that pointed to SR but showed his profile a month ago, before he was tagged. I noticed the t=etc and saw it wasn't current. But I think newer players or players who just glance over, may not.
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
  2. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    I would do a bit different layout.

Steamrep Status as selected date = Y
    Steamrep Status as curently = X

So you could see the status at a specific date but it will also display the current status. So no matter which page the scammer link you to it will display the current status too.

VERIFY ALWAYS BY YOURSELF the status of someone, but still a lot of people don't listen about that so it's could be helpful and worth to do the change.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I'll link this in the admin topic of the site, so this may be addressed. Any public discussion can be held here. I'm all for it to make it a eye catcher that its a historic profile.
    Butane likes this.
  4. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    I agree, either having the current data and the historical data side by side, or having a large marker on the historical data, would greatly assist in preventing scams.
  5. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    My suggestions:

Noting Archive:
    [​IMG]

Side by Side:
    [​IMG]
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Well, the dev's liked it, so I think it will be implemented, any idea's are appreciated, altho they may not be implemented as suggested.