1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

A respectful complaint

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Nurse Doublechief, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Nurse Doublechief

Nurse Doublechief New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26004553
    It takes almost an entire year to view a single appeal. Shouldn't these people who provide information and screenshots be dealt with so they can actually trade? I've posted two appeals. The first one was locked and I was given the ability to re-appeal because of inactivity, and not providing enough information due to me actually giving up because of the admins inside of SteamRep not looking at my appeal in a year. I created a new application, and was told I am not the most important person so I have to wait. That was in twenty-fourteen. I'm again waiting. I am banned from 90% of all TF2 trading servers, 100% of all TF2 trading websites if logged on, and just about everything else. I can't do anything. I am at a loss of words and am honestly unsatisfied with the length a person has to wait for their appeal to be viewed and given a verdict on. I hold all respect to every one of you here on SteamRep whether you be an admin, mod, and or a regular. But this is ridiculous. It is atrocious. I can officially state that SteamRep is one of the worst websites I've ever come across. Before I am bashed for being ignorant or a disrespectful brat do understand I am no child nor a teenager. I am an adult who wants an explanation. Not reasons why I'm an idiot or unneeded comments which do not pertain to the thread at all. I dislike how after almost four years of waiting I'm stuck with a Phisher tag because of my account getting taken over and used for phishing. I dislike how after revealing screenshots which were originally needed I am forced to wait, and several others are as well. I dislike how others who create recent appeals are checked before old ones. Nothing about any of this makes this website look good. These are all facts. Not 'I think', or 'Opinion'. I have witnessed these complaints I am making. I've already went forward to make an attempt to a higher up long ago, and he simply didn't respond to me and I never heard anything back. I cannot recall the name. However I can confirm them if I see them. If you are to make a commonly used Reputation website I guess I could say, and fail to do your jobs quick enough to maintain satisfaction for the people who are falsely accused and are forced to clear their tag from their account by applying here to actually get into the TF2 trading. Then please state the year time-span, rather than a 'lengthy' wait time for each appeal, poor interaction, and that certain higher ups wont even deal with you because they either didn't see your message, or just didn't respond entirely.

'Well admins have lives too'..
    Everyone has a life. Doesn't mean you may use that excuse as a reason why appeals can't be checked quicker.

'There are others in-line'..
    That's understandable. A year wait isn't understandable. If you're going to create such a website and not look at appeals that should be constantly checked on due to drastic situations which occur and happen whilst having no control over the situation, then please have a legitimate excuse which not only goes into a thorough explanation, but also tackles all the key points someone such as myself complains about.

So what can I do? I've been waiting. And waiting. And waiting.
    I've even contacted Helen from TF2 Outpost back in 2012, and she claimed she would get me cleared with the people at SteamRep. Nothing happened. Of course that is on her end, but brings more anger to me. Please do be respectful, and please comment to things regarding this post. I intend all respect to all of you. Thank you.
    Leves likes this.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Actually a re-appeal for an age-old appeal should probably bump near the top of the appeal queue. It's a rare type of appeal and unfortunately, your ban is from a defunct community and there's really only one admin who can look at those. I'll check into whether yours can get back on track here soon.

You're totally absolutely right that appeals should be done sooner. I don't have time to just sit here and respond to yet another complaint, but here's a smattering of the reasons they take forever and this is such a hard problem: Appeals take a long time, only a few people are trusted to remove serious bans, scammers are very very tricky and make appeals very very hard to judge, it's very easy to be burnt out on trying to wade through all the trickery and nonsense, and it's very hard to set aside a large chunk of time to do more than a handful of appeals at a time. Your case is compounded by the fact that there's only one admin available for ASBO-related bans.

Again, we know appeals are a mess, and we'll continue to work on ways to improve that. There's no great answer. If you have a magical answer, please share it.
  3. Nurse Doublechief

Steam:
    I appreciate your input and a quick explanation of the problems which go on. I suppose I will wait more, and see what will happen for me.
    Thank you, cheers!
  4. Nurse Doublechief

Steam:
    I'm honestly at a loss of words about the lack of communication an average person may have with a SteamRep Administrator.
    I have lost all patience for this website and its administrators, and would strongly prefer if I could talk to an administrator that will not only pay attention to what I say, but also actually communicate. It's been two years. I'm sick of waiting. If anyone happens to know a higher ups contact information then please let me know, as clearly no administrator here will contact me and get things taken care of. There are more than likely over a thousand appeals which no one checks. If you can't do your jobs then hire more administrators. The only people to blame is yourselves. It's not the appealers fault that you can't check applications fast enough. It's your for taking an extended period of time to view an application and do nothing to get into contact with that person to let them know you are currently investigating their appeal.

If anyone has contact information for a SteamRep admin who is available for discussion please let me know. Half of the admins here have private profiles so, yeah.
    Thanks.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    775ish under SRs responsibility, source: http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/appeal/

http://forums.steamrep.com/members/silentreaper-sr.31
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198139677020
    Use forum search function, this has been addressed at least a dozen times already.

Not a single active SR admin (tagged or untagged) has a private profile; so, ya.
  6. Nurse Doublechief

Steam:
    Well actually there are private profiles of SR admins, as seen by myself. This doesn't address any of my problems. I'm at a loss of words and I quite frankly give up. I'm pondering if I'm going to see any sort of rude comments after I post this saying, "Then go, makes our jobs easier". After all, it is out of frustration, my giving up on SR.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Link to the steam accounts of these SR admins you speak of?

edit: 2/27/15
    OP never followed up, archiving.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015