1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198097167659 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by MisterFister, Dec 12, 2014.

1. MisterFister

MisterFister New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58503103
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198097167659

Victim profile: 76561198077271934

What happened? Description:
    This trader attempted to fraudulently pass off an uncraftable item as a craftable one. I would like to make sure that at the very least, this trader earns a caution tag as he almost took advantage of me by claiming that his lucky no. 42 was worth 24 keys, when in reality I checked the noncraftable price and it's only worth 3 keys.

He started off by adding me on steam and offering his lucky no.42 for my unusual. After we had reached a consensus on the price I almost decided to accept his offer but then I checked his inventory and found out that his item was noncraftable. He clearly attempted to speed up the trade by repeatedly saying "just send me a trade offer", and "send me trade offer" when I attempted to ask him about what his item was really worth.

For the betterment of the community this steam user needs to be marked for attempting to take advantage of newer traders. His backpack is full of high value items and he found me through my classified listing on backpack.tf so he definitely knew his prices.

Finally, even if he didn't end up sending me a trade offer he only has one lucky no. 42 in his inventory and you can see that from the picture I uploaded of his inventory with the search term "lucky". only one item comes up and that's the non-craftable lucky no.42 so his offer was clearly that item.​

Provide Evidence:
    ChatWindow1, and ChatWindow2 detail our chat together. Inventory.jpg is an important picture because it provides proof that his item was uncraftable. IdentityConfirmation.jpg proves it's him.​

Attached Files:

2. HapEv (o‿O)

HapEv (o‿O) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:68450965
    DUDE? WHAT THE HECK?
    1. I NEVER SAID IT WAS CRAFTABLE
    2. I THOUGHT IT WAS CRAFTABLE AND WORTH 24 KEYS, BECAUSE I BOUGHT IT FOR 10 KEYS FROM Yush