1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Dihy

Dihy r/Steam Lead Mod Friend Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:949903
    Heya, how do I get the reddit gaming flair on the Reputation Status?
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I'm not sure what you mean. SteamRep doesn't add flairs for status, so you'd have to ask the Reddit moderators. If you're asking about the admin/middleman tags, those are only for staff of the respective community.
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
  4. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    If it was to punish someone, wouldn't be posting it.
    Also, I'm keeping my promise to
    [FH]FcGod[PURE ONLY]

nothing more
  5. Crystalized Secrets

Crystalized Secrets New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58418688
  6. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    @Crystalized Secrets
    Before you posted your question/request, this is what happened:
    In other words, you have to wait.

Also:
    Przechwytywanie.PNG
  7. alievgaem

alievgaem New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:104042328
    Excuse the stupid question...

What is the expected time for an official response on a scam report thread?
  8. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

[JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44619298
    What happened if I declined a attempted Low-balled trade offer (10 cards = 10 keys). Then he decided to attack me by posting fake rumors, Abusing the report buttons so I have the warning via using multiple accounts (I told my friends that if I got the warning and all of them say yes) and probably try to post a ban request on steam rep?

I don't have the logs for that attempt but I like to prevent a potential major problem in the future. It is possible will affect me in anyways just for rejecting a offer since he still try to attack me until today.

Edit: mostly He try to make false rumors possibly around steam that I am a scammer even tho I am not.
  9. [MNM]

[MNM] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45690578
    A person has submitted a report against me trying to link me to a scammers profile (he accuses that it is my alternate profile, yet provides no proof linking me to him). The issue is that after he submitted the report he has not bothered to even reply to a moderator asking for inventory history.

The report was filed on 11th Jan 2015 and its been 15 days since then. I have provided counter evidence in the form of my inventory history between the days that this person got scammed. I even added the accuser on steam to request that he provide his inventory history here. He refuses to reply.

My question is simple: How long does SR give accusers to provide the proof necessary before closing the report.

The report in question is this one: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198051646884-dota2-dota2-items.88667/
  10. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    @alievgaem , take a look into this :
    "There are no stupid questions , only stupid answers" , we prioritize reports by severy, for example: several pending reports on the same person.
    If you think that does not answer your question, feel free to re-ask.

@[JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM , I suggest you take a look on our Investigation policy, we don't investigate Shark attempts. My advice to you, is just ignore him and eventually he will let you alone. If you fell like he is harassing you, report him on his profile.

@[MNM] , I'm aware of the report against you and that you provided the counter evidence, however I always wait 7 days for a proper answer from the victim. Your report will most likely will be archived in one day or two if the victim does not answer.
    [MNM] likes this.
  11. [MNM]

[MNM] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45690578
    Thank you, that's all I wanted to know.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  12. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If someone reports you here, you reply in the report saying it's bogus, and providing evidence to the contrary (such as screenshots of your trade history to show you never traded, etc.). Reports with fake evidence get the reporter marked themselves, so he may not try that. If he reports you in Steam, unfortunately we have no control over how that works and it's widely abused. It will display a warning to everyone trading with you for about 3 weeks, but then go away.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  13. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    If one user has 5 Evidence provided, and another user has 1 report, are they still handed in the same order?

What if they tried to scam a SR mod or SR admin. Are these given the same timespan, or do these go to the front of the line? (If so, why do these go to the front if the answer is a YES?)
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    @gukingofheart we have a lot of different ways we get to a certain report. We have several ways to prioritize, admins and mods. We are not going to tell how that exactly works. For then people are going to abuse it, and it becomes useless to get at least the important ones at least done. Sure, some may seem quite random, but somewhere it found a path thru a mod and/or admin. And once a admin/mod starts reviewing such, there is no point to let them do nothing. They will run its course with the report, and it will be done as far as can be.

You can keep calling on this stuff or w/e, but that's the bottom line. Get useful, instead of asking questions you should already know the answer on LONG ago. Stop wasting our time. This thread has by now 30 pages. 99.99% of all questions anybody has, is answered SOMEWHERE in this thread, and most have been asked like dozens of times.
    That a answer wasn't personally to you, doesn't mean that its invalid for your specific question. We have a search function, FAQ's, etc etc. Its all there for anybody that is in need of an answer. Hell, this is the "ask a mod" topic, but I think it should be renamed "ask a admin" for its mostly admins answering the same questions over and over and over and over.
    SIVARTZ likes this.
  15. Sankadudul

Sankadudul Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55475674
    i got banned 2 years ago because my friend took my account whitout me knowing i didnt realise i was banned untill now when i went to csgolounge and tryed to trade i have read the post: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...epie-and-76561198074939021-cevapcic225.18140/ and i saw my friend used my account for some sort of scam i had a talk with him he confessed to me that he did it. i was wondering is there a way for me to get unbanned because i didnt know i was involved in a scam

Attached Files:

16. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Submit an appeal
    http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/appeal/
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  18. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Should the moderator list be updated, now that Lava and Sjru are administrators now?
  19. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    It also appears that quite a few of the staff are inactive nowadays, even with the still -growing flow of reports. Most just don't have time anymore?
  20. Mistlife | Hopkins.

Mistlife | Hopkins. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32685622
    Hiya, I'm really new to this Steam Rep stuff. However On prior knowledge, I'm concern with traders on a particular player.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132748755

This player Is asking for +rep before the trade is even being made. selling one craft hat for 1 refined. and stating won't accept until +rep.
    Just wondering if this is the right way to get reputation..