1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198075412218 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Atomic, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59833225
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198075412218 ()

Victim profile: 76561198079932178

What happened? Description:
    INFO OF THE SCAM!

My "friend" Fapples was going to broker my unusual, he was selling it for around a week then today I looked in his backpack to make a trade offer to get the bonk back because I wanted to sell it myself but then I noticed NONE of his unusuals were in his backpack. At first I thought he was phished but my friend tracked down the item to Rambo's backpack ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062713417/ ) then I looked at his profile in the comments it said I couldn't accept your trade offer for reasons, added to trade the bonk. He traded my bonk boy + a nuts and bolts trophy belt for a different Green Energy Bonk so I couldn't track down the item it is now in a private backpack I believe. Please help me this is all I know of the trade!

Screenshots below​

Provide Evidence:
    If you need more screenshots I'll try to get them but it may take awhile.​

Attached Files:

2. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
    Are you ever going to approve or deny this?
  3. Fapulous

Fapulous New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57573245
    denied.
    you never said i should give it back to you if i traded it away
    also i have no idea where the items are now
  4. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
    You little f✿✿✿✿✿, nice new name and profile link and profile pic
    All the mods his new link is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nooneevencaresaboutthis/

AND I said if I ever wanted it back you would give it back I have screenshots of the whole thing and why did you tell your friend a lie? :(

F | S Nick #[A]sshole: he said he someone out of his class unboxed it and he bought it from him
    F | S Nick #[A]sshole: which i know is a lie

I hope you know that scamming is a terrible thing and you should feel terrible also I have your skype keep that in mind so give me back my items.

You have the nerve to comment on my report....
  5. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
    Sorry I dont have your skype actually
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need the original chat agreement showing the accused agreeing to return the items if he could not sell them for you.
  7. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
  8. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
  9. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
    HE LITERATELY SAID HE WOULD NOT SCAM ME AND WOULD BROKER IT AND GIVE IT BACK WHENEVER I WANTED!
  10. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    All files must be uploaded via the Upload a File button at the bottom of the page. We do not accept links to images.
  11. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
    there

Attached Files:

12. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Ready for review.
  13. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
  14. Atomic

Atomic New User

Steam:
    Can you trade ban this guy? It is obvious he scammed me and I have waited like 6 months
  15. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hello @Atomic,

It's important that everyone understand that SteamRep is a small volunteer organization helping a 75-million member community. Not every report will receive a response (and definitely not always right away). Not even Valve can handle all of the community's reports and they have incredible income. We're definitely not going to be able to do the same level of investigation on every individual report and you shouldn't expect that. Even if we tripled our staff, there's simply no volunteer group that can handle such volume and the growth in this scene. (Gone are the days of a mere dozen trade servers to monitor and an in-game TF2 trade window.)

We prioritize reports for investigation based on a number of factors-- we will publish those after our staff finishes rounding out some of the priorities and we run them by our partner admins. We'll also be updating the scam report form to set expectations accordingly for new submitters.

One key thing we prioritize for investigation, though, is the quantity of scam reports submitted against an account. By submitting a report against a repeat offender, you help ensure they do get banned as quickly as possible through the community and provide guidance to other traders on your experience with them. SteamRep provides a public capture of these reports so traders can educate themselves and do better research even if each report can't be analyzed right away. We feel it's better to have these situations logged rather than lost entirely (e.g. if you report a violation on Steam, it helps Valve know quantities, but may not help traders understand what actually happened so they can make their own decisions to protect themselves).
  16. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Marked- thanks for the report!