1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198148569287 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by bomb ♡, Feb 5, 2015.

1. bomb ♡

bomb ♡ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5263519
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198148569287

Victim profile: 76561197970792766

What happened? Description:
    I'm not sure if someone hacked this account or what. Anyways, his Steam account seemed good, level 33. Most of the people that comment his +rep on his wall weren't level 1. Wanted to buy a knife off me for $144. Said he wasn't able to use steam market because of some H1Z1 reason. Anyways, I was dumb, asked about a middleman then decided against it and sent the item and he didn't send the paypal. Anyways, watch for him.​

Provide Evidence:
    I'm not sure if someone hacked this account or what. Anyways, his Steam account seemed good, level 33. Most of the people that comment his +rep on his wall weren't just level 1. Wanted to buy a knife off me for $144. Said he wasn't able to use steam market because of some H1Z1 reason. Anyways, I was dumb, asked about a middleman then decided against it and sent the item and he didn't send the paypal. Oh well, watch for him.
    View attachment 210372 View attachment 210371 View attachment 210370 View attachment 210369 View attachment 210368

Attached Files:

2. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Can you please reupload your screenshot of your Paypal uncropped, and with the URL bar displayed?
  3. bomb ♡

bomb ♡ New User

Steam:
  4. Sanic 2

Sanic 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:108036661
    From past experiences I have had with this sort of scam I think it would be safe to tell you that you will not be getting that knife back. Just to confirm he sent you a trade offer and you accepted it? If so all steam will see is that you traded with him for nothing. Steam does not offer any items out side of the trade window. A wise piece of advice I could give to you if you are trying to sell items for money is to find some one that has a cash rep link with a good 10 pages of rep, other wise NEVER go first.

Good Luck, Matt
  5. bomb ♡

bomb ♡ New User

Steam:
    yep, i assumed i wouldn't get it back. Just wanted him to get a rep.
  6. Sanic 2

Sanic 2 New User

Steam:
    Hey bomb it's Sanic again. I decided to do a little more research about your situation. I checked out your screen shots and there is no actual agreement that this Bob swaget guy was going to send you the money, did you actually get him to agree to sending the money in the chat window? If so please upload a screenshot of it. Another problem I ran into with this situation is that you traded the knife via trade offer, I am not sure if that will affect anything but I've never seen anything like that before.

Best wishes, Matt
  7. bomb ♡

bomb ♡ New User

Steam:
    in the scam4.jpg there is him saying "just to confirm its 144 to walker.ben@*********.com and I say yes please. Is that not an agreement? Should I have been more specific? In terms of the trade offer, does that have different rules then just a straight trade through a trade window? I tried to trade him that way but it wouldn't show up for him and vice versa I believe. I don't have the entire conversation saved unfortunately.
  8. Sanic 2

Sanic 2 New User

Steam:
    Hey Bomb I appreciate the promptly reply, just to help you our for next time before you do another payapl trade ask the person to say that they will send the money as soon as they receive the item so if anything like this should happen to you again you have adequate evidence to get them a reputation.
  9. bomb ♡

bomb ♡ New User

Steam:
    I think the biggest frustration, even if I can't get him a rep on here at the moment, is the fact that I cant comment on his profile. He's got all this +rep and he's just going to screw people over. Oh well, for next time. Thanks
  10. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
  11. Sanic 2

Sanic 2 New User

Steam:
    Like i said earlier bomb look for people with cash rep or rep threads in there comments section of there profile, but always check the dates of these reps and be careful. Look for people with reps that go back for about 8 months because that is when what you may call it trade backs take place. The best advice i can give you is be very careful in the future! Here is some key info from my freinds guide to prevent scamming- Never trade with people to whom you do not trust. Deal with experienced traders that earn money on trades. Of course, you will pay a bit more to them, but it is a reasonable payment for safety. Take screenshots, record everything. More proof - higher the chance to recover your items in case you get scammed.
    Best Wishes, Matt (sanic)
  12. bomb ♡

bomb ♡ New User

Steam:
    I'd like to report that I was contacted by the actually account owner that I was originally scammed by. He's explained to me what happened and I've told him that if he returns something of the same value to me I will forget the complaint and give him +rep. He can't trade because of the steam rep that I gave him SO if you could remove it for now. If he works out, great. If he doesn't I will re create the report thread.