1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Fake Middleman Group

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ✯ Moony ✯, Jul 16, 2012.

1. ✯ Moony ✯

✯ Moony ✯ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42456992
    Victim: None

Scammer: None

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sr__middleman
    (To fake Diego?) http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197978243465

Description: Found the group while searching Steamrep+ (Clicked on a new scammer and found the group on the profile), and found that the real Diego in the group didn't match up at all with the regular, also I realized why would a scammer be in a "Official" Steamrep+ Middleman group when right now I can only see 2 in the list at the moment. Joseph Allen is in this fake group as well (Tagged scammer). Possibly a fake group to prey on Newbies or unsuspecting players. Just putting this out there!

NO TRANSCRIPT! GROUP REPORT! NO SCAMMING WENT ON! IMPERSONATIONS!
  2. ✯ Moony ✯

✯ Moony ✯ New User

Steam:
    *EDIT* Also includes tagged scammers such as this Bluedemon impersonator: 76561197996446143
    (CAUTION OTHERS WITHOUT TAGS COULD POSSIBLY BE SCAMMER ALTS!)
  3. ✯ Moony ✯

✯ Moony ✯ New User

Steam:
    Move to Middlemen/Imposter scams if needed. (Wanted to be main priority though, to show that Diego was in fact being impersonated.)

Also Includes another scammer: (Steamrep+ ID) 76561198052155503
  4. ✯ Moony ✯

✯ Moony ✯ New User

Steam:
    Wanted to post this so others NOT TAGGED may be tagged, and possibly have the group taken down so no one has trouble in the future with them.
  5. ✯ Moony ✯

✯ Moony ✯ New User

Steam:
    ID Matches, but the profile summary doesn't to Diego, and it doesn't look like an alt at all to Diego.~ (Sorry for all the posts.)
  6. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    I went through the other day and marked a bunch but I'll check again. Also, be sure to use the Report button on the community's page so Valve can see more people want the group disabled! :)
  7. ✯ Moony ✯

✯ Moony ✯ New User

Steam:
    Posted another thread reporting another Fake group with possible untagged scammers, and tagged ones that need it added to the list of offenses.