1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Mistlife | Hopkins.

Mistlife | Hopkins. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32685622
    THis Trade meaning, posting it on backpack.tf to preset trades, no person to person trading.
  2. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Where is he asking the rep to be added to? His profile?
  3. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    The list is already Updated.

If it's "profile rep" we don't investigate it, since you can delete the bad rep, therefore not in our investigation policy. However if it's on a rep thread from our partner communities we count it as fake rep.

What constitutes reputation.
  4. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

[JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44619298
    Here a quick update, the same guy instead of attacking me on steam now he is harassing me all over my other account and networks. (ex.. youtube, Websites I own and other stuff.) Here a question: Did you guys experience or you guys have a case that this kind of attack before?
    It really Annoy me and hard since I have a lot that I manage Now currently each time he try to attack one of my network I immediately ban,block and report.
    Did I do it right?
    And If this keep up I might have to prematurely end doing trades until this is solved.
  5. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

[JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44619298
    Sorry for double posting but here is an evidence that he really try to harassing me and a proof that he is harassing me outside of steam now.
    Is it also possible that in case he then try to re-add me and contact me that to stop all of this harassment I have to give all my items (if any) can I report him in steamrep? I cannot do my normal online activity because of him.

Attached Files:

• ouch.PNG
      ouch.PNG
      File size:
      263.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    A user posting towards you or whatever on other sites isn't the responsibility of SteamRep for starters. Just continue to block this person on these other sites and ignore them to stop fueling the fire. If you react to these types of people in anyway it just gives them an idea its getting to you and they will keep on. If this person gets beyond the internet in anyway such as personal information then get your local law enforcement involved. Sure it sounds like a lot to do on your end and most people shy away from that notion when suggested but that is just about all anyone HERE can do for you.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Indeed, responding or reacting in any way is of no use, and will only spark more, and get more ppl involved etc etc.

As for youtube, I believe you can block ppl.
  8. DR.JIGGLES

DR.JIGGLES New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23978872
  9. F1NN_

F1NN_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52228988
    I have a question to ask, and if I get a response, that would be great.
    My question is : "I've recently traded with a person who has been marked for scamming, will I be marked?"
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well I'm not a mod but let me ask this.
    What did you trade and who was it?
    Did you know already to check the player out on Steamrep prior to trading if it was a large style item such as an Unusual or bud?
    If you already knew which I'm going to say you did considering you've been a member here since Nov 2012 then why did you not check and if you did know why did you do the trade with them anyway?
    What is the reason for posting the question?
  11. DemoDan

DemoDan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47465097
    Can someone be reported for using security flaws to run code on their Steam community profile or does their need to be intent to use it to gain items/scam ?
  12. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I would strongly recommend reporting those to Valve. While your intentions may be benign or harmless, that same exploit could be (ab)used by someone else for much more nefarious purposes. Valve has historically been pretty kind to people responsibly reporting security holes to them (tradition has it they'll give you any one hat in the game), but you don't want to be in a position where Valve thinks you were the reason a whole bunch of people had their entire inventory stolen.

To answer your question, as far as SteamRep is concerned, you wouldn't get marked unless you used it for fraudulent purposes such as stealing items/accounts. There needs to be intent.

Edit: If you found, or are aware of a security hole, you can contact Valve using the instructions here: https://valvesoftware.com/security/ Don't go through Steam Support for that kind of issue.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
  13. JNeb900

JNeb900 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54289353
    I have a question

I want to apply for mod in the future (I'm not applying now or anything)

So on the "list all alternate accounts" question, should I put in my sibling's accounts too since thy use the same computer? Don't want people thinking I'm lying about other accounts from the same IP
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yes - always good to put more down than not enough and come back later once its checked into and have you say "ohh I forgot about those".
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    yeap, just name them being of your sibbling/parent/uncle/cousin/friend/legal guardian/cat/dog/bird/lion
  16. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    From the appeal tips: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    #7: What are Alts
    Obviously those rules mostly don't apply for mod apps, but alts are the same nonetheless. Anything which could be connected to you, put it down and explain. Putting something down we didn't know about, if you manage that, speaks more toward your honesty frankly, which is important for a mod.
  17. JNeb900

JNeb900 New User

Steam:
    Ok thank you
    And if be pretty impressed if you could get a lion to use a Steam account :p
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    If a monkey can type the complete works of shakespeare, that is also possible. ;)
    I do suspect that the lion's preferred game would be "Deer hunter"
  19. JNeb900

JNeb900 New User

Steam:
    You'd better have a real deer nearby when he tries to eat the deer on the screen

That would be bad
  20. Your Mum

Your Mum New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:96031513