1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accidentally bought unusual from a marked scammer (I NEED ADMIN'S/MOD'S ANSWER)

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Flux_, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Flux_

Flux_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55529475
    Hey guys! nad steamrep admins! So i bought this ghastly ghost jr mullet from "drobaliss" which is marked scammer. I payed Spec ks Aussie amby. He blocked me after we did the trade. Then i found out i bought the unusual from a MARKED SCAMMER!. Im really scared about this. I dont want to get marked from it. I did a legit trade but i didnt checked if he was a scammer. Can a steamrep admin assure that i wont get marked from this? Thank you and thank you steamrep for making the community clean from fraud!
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    If it's an honest mistake, it's typically just a reminder/warning to be more thorough in the future (and because now the trader knows, the person would get less benefit of the doubt next time).

That being said, your specific case will depend on what the transaction was (e.g. cash versus items) and how the transaction happened (e.g. how you found each other), and how you made the mistake (e.g. why you didn't check SteamRep for them, didn't check the item history, etc.).
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  4. Flux_

Flux_ New User

Steam:
    He found my trade on tf2outpost. That's how he added me. Then he said he wants to buy my aussie amby for his mullet. I checked the mullet's price (2.7) and i was like hooly cow that profit tho. So i have no 2nd thoughts about declining it! After the trade i checked the mullet's history if it was duped or not. Then i found out the guy was a scammer! Then he blocked me after that.

But I will be more careful next time and check steamrep/histories and such :)
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Was that the guy I posted? To me sounds as if you already knew to check and your greed took over in the case of "hooly cow that profit tho...."
  6. Flux_

Flux_ New User

Steam:
    CORRECTION! It was actually this guy http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046531944
    I accidentally put drobaliss because the Hurricane told me about the mullet. He said it was his mullet and drobaliss scammed him! Here's our chat
    Hurricane808 LFT Spy iron: you have
    Hurricane808 LFT Spy iron: a
    Hurricane808 LFT Spy iron: mullet right?
    ★Flux: yea i traded it with my aussie amby :)
    ★Flux: i like hats more than weps
    Hurricane808 LFT Spy iron: was the name of it
    Hurricane808 LFT Spy iron: what
    Hurricane808 LFT Spy iron: was
    Hurricane808 LFT Spy iron: it to
    Hurricane808 LFT Spy iron: droballiss

So yeah that's why drobaliss was at my mind

Here's the mullet's history
    http://backpack.tf/item/3120774966
  7. Flux_

Flux_ New User

Steam:
    But yeah i will be MORE careful next time checking steamrep. I found out Backpack.tf can help too! Thanks for your time!
  8. Flux_

Flux_ New User

Steam:
    1 last question, Buying unusuals from a scammer is not allowed right? Because some might think it's your alt? Should i really avoid buying unusuals from scammers? Kinda need tips about this :D
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Are you serious?
  10. Flux_

Flux_ New User

Steam:
    Yes, But nvm actually because the answer is obviously no. I'd be more careful next time! :)
  11. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Don't trade with scammers at all, whether it's for cash or just items. Especially not high-value trades.