1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198133651432 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Judicious, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Judicious

Judicious New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13774920
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198133651432

Victim profile: 76561197987815569

What happened? Description:
    The accused sent me a trade offer purporting to automatically transfer me Steam Wallet funds if I accepted it.
    The trade offer would take 40 CSGO keys from my inventory and give me no items from his.
    The trade offer text/notes written by him said I would receive 100.15 EUR upon accepting the trade offer.
    He later added me and reaffirmed these promises.

Since 'Automatic Steam Wallet funds transfer' does not exist, this unequivocally determines that he was intending to defraud me.

--

If you are a mod reviewing or triaging this report, please consider the following:

Why promising to have funds automatically transferred to someone's Steam Wallet is bannable/taggable:

From SteamRep Moderator 'lava':

"[...] the usual Steam Wallet scam where we apply tags just for attempting. In Steam Wallet fraud, the scammer attempts to misrepresent the trade, leading victims to believe they will "automatically" receive Steam Wallet funds. This is not possible by any means in the Steam trading infrastructure, so the intention is clearly and undeniably fraud whether successful or not. The promise of funds is effectively in itself a trade agreement, which because transfer of funds is impossible despite the scammer's convincing message, we can undeniably determine the accused had no intention of fulfilling their own end of the agreement."
    -- (2014-11-11)

Source: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...67-steam-steam-games.81592/page-2#post-228079

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshot evidence is in the form of attachments.

Chat transcript:

Attached Files: