1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198001582153 - (tm4 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by .tm4, Aug 6, 2014.

1. .tm4

.tm4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658212
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 0:1:20658212 (tm4)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Hello,
    Straight to the point, Someone on my friends list told me "Could you say 'Rep' on my profile"? I was not even a trader nor was I was knowing what it was going into, So I did; since he was a friend from the UGC competitive TF2 scene and I was even mentoring his team. Later that week someone I never heard of added me saying inappropriate slurs threatening me that I'll be banned on Steam Rep (Which I didn't know about steam rep at that time being) saying that I'm apart of a scamming organization which I had zero things to do with. Further more I had a trusted steam rep friend telling me he will have to remove me due to the fact that I was marked? So then I checked the reasoning behind the mark and it states I posted fake reputation, Yes I would agree it's fake reputation NOW knowing that he was involved in scamming activities, but I do feel I have nothing to do with this nor did I interact with anyone in regards to the post. I feel that I need to have this removed since this is totally not an act of my behavior. However I do apologize that I posted on the scammers (Steam Page) wall and I had no intentions to do so. The reason why I want this removed is I have loyal friends that are removing me and I'm a well know competitive player from UGC I don't want this as my reputation.

Sincerely,

Derek​
  2. .tm4

.tm4 New User

Steam:
    Additional information. I have ZERO alts, my profile is public for viewing. Part of which made me appeal was for the fact that CS:GO Lounge was linked to SR which is preventing my bets. I hope you admins kindly review this case or post how long it would take to review considering their are many more appeals. If you need further clarifications in regards to my appeal please let me know here.

thanks again,
  3. .tm4

.tm4 New User

Steam:
  4. .tm4

.tm4 New User

Steam:
    I'm just curious has any of the admins gone through this yet? I just rather use my regular account rather than using an alt for the same purpose.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  6. .tm4

.tm4 New User

Steam:
    Hello Silent reaper, I appreciate the reply.

| steamname: Ling Ling
    | steam3ID: [U:1:191841089]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:95920544
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198152106817
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198152106817

This is my only account I have access to.
  7. .tm4

.tm4 New User

Steam:
    Any additional information you might need?
  8. .tm4

.tm4 New User

Steam:
    Yeah, after reading the rules NOW seeing that it's evident not to leave any rep while it's being so called "fake". However, at that time being (multiple years ago) I never really considered it as a big deal and needless to say a close friend so I didn't really care. Just so you guys know I haven't harmed anyone in regards to my "tag", as it just states I left fake rep, which I don't deny, and no other reports/scam report etc.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Ignore the message bij "[de hello]"...
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  11. .tm4

.tm4 New User

Steam:
    I'll cut to the chase, this threads on-going for months now... I understand what this policy is. However, I just know for fact I have done NOTHING wrong to jeopardize anyone's inventory and I feel accountable for the full consequences. I just want to know will the reputation be removed or no, because I don't want to continuously read forms and have reply's take over 10 months to reply back too. No disrespect. At this point I just want to know will action be taken place or will it be leaded on when really, it should be a quick resolve at this point.

Thanks.
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    I'm not here to give you a hard time, to the contrary. This is the type of appeal that usually gets granted anyhow (pending background check and you understanding the rep policy) you can view many archived appeals for the same type of offense and see this is pretty par for the course.

edit: chillax, just go along with the process, then move on.
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
    I'm going to drop to a conditional caution for now to show good faith, but you really need to followup with me, please add me on steam. 2 week notice to followup.
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    Unfortunately, no followup, I am leaving the caution for now, you will be able to appeal it if you so choose.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**