1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198041029037 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ᴱqᴳ | Sky, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ᴱqᴳ | Sky

ᴱqᴳ | Sky New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60023283
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198041029037

Victim profile: 76561198080312295

What happened? Description:
    Initial Trade agreement is described in all images except the paypal history.
    It states: I, ▄ ▅ ▆ █ Fox ☯Trading, have agreed to buy Flyte {B}Keys $1.64 Paypal Green Energy Batter’s Helm. I will send $78 USD, fees included, to his paypal, flytetf2 @ gmail . com as soon as I recieve the hat. I will not chargeback in any case.

This deal is clearly broken.

The trade offer shows that the hat, does in fact get traded to the scammer, and the paypal history shows no payment of 78 USD that reaches me.

Also, a very fishy side note. He has blocked all communication with me and privated his backpack. You will also notice that he/she has changed their name.​

Provide Evidence:
    Untitled-3.png shows the chat history part 1.
    chat 3 .pnjg shows the part 2

Trade offer.png shows the trade being done

Trade offer closer shows the hat he is trading for

Untitled-6.png is my paypal history.​

Attached Files:

2. λngelღмander

λngelღмander New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66763274
    Hello there, could you provide an uncropped screenshot of the paypal screen including the URL bar and the date and time? I can't be sure that the date of the screenshot isn't after the date of the scam otherwise.
    [PPM]TheVenomWithin likes this.
  3. ᴱqᴳ | Sky

ᴱqᴳ | Sky New User

Steam:
    Here you go.

Attached Files:

4. λngelღмander

λngelღмander New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66763274
    I regret to inform you I'm not an admin on steamrep, but thank you for the evidence, the thread's ready for the steamrep moderators, and I can handle it on a different website. Have a nice day
  5. ᴱqᴳ | Sky

ᴱqᴳ | Sky New User

Steam:
    We (Me and Fox) are currently in the process of resolving the situation. No items have been exchanged yet, consider the thread "paused."
    ❤ Fox™ ❤ likes this.
  6. ᴱqᴳ | Sky

ᴱqᴳ | Sky New User

Steam:
    Fox has returned the items that he scammed from me. There is no longer any need to enforce this report.
    ❤ Fox™ ❤ likes this.
  7. ❤ Fox™ ❤

❤ Fox™ ❤ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40381654
  8. ❤ Fox™ ❤

❤ Fox™ ❤ New User

Steam:
    What site?
    Proof that we reached an agreement:
    IMGUR Album: http://imgur.com/a/TEE6y
    From flyte: "Fox has returned the items that he scammed from me. There is no longer any need to enforce this report."
  9. [PPM]TheVenomWithin

[PPM]TheVenomWithin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:68573242
    He is referring to our website, SourceRep. Regardless, I am happy to have helped both of you throughout this process, and successfully have convinced you to do the right thing in returning the hat. I will do whatever I can to help both of you as this is a difficult position for both you as the victim, and you as the convicted. I wish you the best with this appeal,

-Venom
  10. ᴱqᴳ | Sky

ᴱqᴳ | Sky New User

Steam:
    I credit Venom and the Sourcerep team for helping me obtain my unusual back. Thank you guys so much! This literally happened within 24 hours and I recovered my hat thanks to them.
  11. Julia Gillard the Honest

Julia Gillard the Honest New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22663639
    In before someone from SteamRep sees this and deletes all of the above comments, including important evidence... in three years.
  12. ❤ Fox™ ❤

❤ Fox™ ❤ New User

Steam:
    Just for future reference, I had planned on returning the item anyways. I also credit Venom for helping me get the item back (I paid some extra keys to get it back), and he helped with explaining how to appeal, etc.
  13. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    After reviewing evidence, the scam intent is there and the report will be accepted.

Doesn't help he has more reports.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.