1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to get your gifts/items back (Revoke scammers)

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by GHoST61, May 22, 2012.

1. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    did you encounter a link that let you download a file with a ".scr" extension? for that is malware that hijacks your computer, and auto-trades all to a mule account. Its much as you describe.
  2. DjSojey

DjSojey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78171035
    Yeah, I got hijacked a few days ago, and lost about 2 buds. Just send them a ticket saying that you got hijacked along with some proof, and hopefully, they will give your items back.
  3. screw

screw New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:104635127
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @screw
    1. There are no Steamrep middlemen, only partner community middlemen. The profile you linked is from Skial and Darkly gaming.
    2. Please fill out a report. This is not where to report a scammer. http://forums.steamrep.com/forms/scam-report.2/respond
    3. There is a good chance it was an impersonator, double check the profile from your trade history, and paste the profile URL into steamrep.com.
    4. Do not ask for donations.
  5. SigfriedM

SigfriedM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13408667
    I contacted Customer Care on 21st January, as suggested on first post, and today they replied me WITHOUT returning my items back. This is odd. Another guy that was scammed from same person, in the same way, had his items back :confused:
  6. KÂRïsMÙ Yodaddy

KÂRïsMÙ Yodaddy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51498645
    what if I was scammed about 1 moth ago and lost nearly 200$ do to PayPal scam I have trade history and complete footage of what took place!!!!!!! please help - Yodaddy guy who scammed me please report him for scam-http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056140332 I've noticed every time he scams someone he changes his name!!!!!
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    do you have the steam chat with him also? if so, make a report in our report section of the forums.

Valve will not return your items, for it is regarding a out of steam trading.
  8. SigfriedM

SigfriedM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13408667
    Auto-quote because Steam Customer Care said "You did not trade any items for this gift." This is becoming a joke. Did they ever check my inventory history? Now I'll take a screen and send them.
    I'm really disappointed from Customer Care.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    That is because you didn't TRADE for the game, you got it GIFTED, which is NOT supported via steam trading in whatever way. Really. Even if you traded items right before or after it to that person, it DOES NOT MATTER.
  10. KÂRïsMÙ Yodaddy

KÂRïsMÙ Yodaddy New User

Steam:
    but Silent reaper(SR) what if I have a YouTube video to prove the chat and then can I still receive my items also what do u mean out of steam trading, I was still scammed.
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Valve only supports that what was traded within the steam trading / trade offer. When you use paypal, that is not supported by Steam Support, and as you agreed to transfer the items to the other account, and that it functioned as expected, they will not return the items. With a steam support ticket, all you can achieve is that that account may get trade banned by Valve.

As for a youtube video, that would be fine, as long as its readable etc.
  12. KÂRïsMÙ Yodaddy

KÂRïsMÙ Yodaddy New User

Steam:
    is this ileagal? like jail or fined ECT?
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    not entirely sure what you mean.
  14. Kermit

Kermit New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26738992
    I accidentally traded 600k worth of items to someone for free (meant to be for their knife) and I stupidly turned off the email confirmation thing, the person won't give the items back. Am I f✿✿✿ed? I screenshotted everything and included it with the ticket.
  15. ColdSo0p

ColdSo0p New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26577857
    interesting
  16. Solstar

Solstar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25943752
    hello all.i recenlty bought through g2a as a steam gift code. ,gta 5,paid for it regularly and instaleld and played fine for a coupe of days.then,the seller,or rather the scammer,decided to revoke the game.i contacted the g2a service and said that they will give me a refund i na month or so...but whaty i wanted to have is to play the game..have it enabled again or something like that.is there anything i can do?
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Not really. Valve announced they won't restore scammed stuff. You getting a "refund" or w/e is prolly all you can get, and I'm even surprised they would.

I Think this guide is no longer valid.
  18. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    The guide only tells you what to do if you're hijacked or have a revoked gift, nothing about items. If it was different before, I think it was edited at some point.
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Prolly have to rename the title then.
  20. 'Mun

'Mun New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:162454431
    Okay, so I've been looking for a way to revoke a gift I gave to a friend, but am no longer friends with.

I don't really want the person in question to have the game anymore, because I feel they don't deserve it. Is there any way I can just remove the game from their account, all together?