1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198007698230 - (thejellydude / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by thejellydude, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejellydude

thejellydude Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23716251
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198007698230 (thejellydude)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and the admin told me to appeal again at a later date

Alternate Accounts:
    Currently unused:

| steamname: King Bubba
    | steam3ID: [U:1:41854198]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:20927099
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002119926
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thejellydude
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198002119926

Appeal description:
    Original Appeal: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198007698230-thejellydude-sr-scammer.5623/#post-18299

Second Appeal: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198007698230-thejellydude-sr-scammer.5881/#post-19311

For those of you unfamiliar with my case, please continue reading. For those of you aware with some of the details, please feel free to jump to the part of this appeal starting with "In the second appeal."

The original case happened years ago, back before TF2 was F2P. At the time, I had a few accounts that I would use during LAN parties, and let friends use for those events. (I never thought to change the password afterwards) After TF2 went F2P, I decided to start using them to idle for items. After reporting another scammer, I was talking to then Admin Atom, who informed me that I had a scammer on my friendslist. I saw the account was mine, and shocked, I learned the account was my alt. After some digging with Atom, we realized that a scam had happened on my account. (Running from a spycrab) I told Atom I felt responsible, and asked for his help tracking down the person so I could offer compensation to the person. (I believe the Spycrab was for a Bill's hat.) Ultimately not enough logs existed, and after a week of searching, nothing was able to be done and I was informed my main account would be flagged as well. That has led to years of appeals that come to now.

In the second appeal, Noobinator mentions, "it will have to remain tagged for now based on our past history with others for this same offense and what our rules currently dictate."

Since then, there has been a large amount of appeals similar to mine that have been approved. There is one that I think is extremely similar on top, and a few other related cases underneath it. I'll link those now:

User whose roommate used his account without permission, scammed someone, and offered to repay but was unable to find the person. The necessity to repay was waived, and he was unbanned.

User who was approved after repaying from a Spycrab he ran on.
    User who scammed someone, then paid the user back.
    User who was moved to caution after repayment, then had tagged removed due to two years of good behavior.
    Similar to one above.
    User who ran on a spycrab and was approved after paying it back.
    User who was approved from a Spycrab run, with "Time already served as banned," listed as a reason.
    User who was unbanned after returning the stolen item.

I've had this tag for 4 years now, for a mistake I made. I never scammed anyone, but an account I left open was used to make a low severity scam. I have had no issues since then, and I honestly feel like four years is a fair amount of time for the level of the mistake I made. Thank you for your time​
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    What's so hard to understand about 'no more appeals accepted'??
  3. thejellydude

Steam:
    Because that's not what was said. Noobinator said "I would encourage you to re-appeal at that time if it looks like your case is pertinent and falls under new changes - whatever they are and if that happens. I would suggest you periodically check back to see if it has happened. That is the best I can offer you at this time sir and very best of luck to you."

I feel like since my last appeal, which was two and a half years ago, things have changed and those changes are relevant to my case. There's not reason to be rude.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Well from what it looks like to me, and from what you've said, someone scammed using your account.

Now im obviously not a decision maker here, but what ive quoted above has been a thing for a long while and it doesnt look like policy has changed in that regard, nor does it look such will change in the future; the point of it all being I dont see any changes relevant to your case, seeing as that's what happened.

Have a good day!
  5. thejellydude

Steam:
    Roudydogg1, it's very frustrating for me to have someone who isn't familiar with my case, isn't familiar with the circumstances, and not an admin try to police me. Nothing personal, but you're not bringing in anything helpful. You're just being condescending towards me, and that isn't appreciated. If you have something constructive to add, a way to look at something, or insight to any of the appeals I listed, by all means, please share. But please don't antagonize me. As for your quote, "as you willfully let another user use it." I didn't do that, and have been arguing it that way since I was first banned. Since that time period, there have been extremely similar cases in which the ban was reversed. Did you read any of the cases I linked? Also, ultimately, I think SteamRep's system of ignoring circumstances is flawed, but that's another discussion in its own right.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @thejellydude,

As notes etc are very messy, I'm having trouble determining if this appeal should be queued or archived. Will look at it later in depth.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. thejellydude

Steam:
    Hi Reaper,

I guess I'm just confused as to why it would be archived. But take your time, and just let me know. I'm available to be added or anything like that.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  9. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/

11. Only one appeal.
    You can only appeal once. Generally, the first appeal thread will be used to determine your place in line.

• If you already appealed, and the appeal was "Rejected" with the red badge on top, you cannot appeal again. We allow only for 1 appeal. Reasons:
      • With your report, 1 admin already reviewed the report.
      • With your appeal, another admin reviewed your case.
      • With 2 different admins reviewing your case(s), it has been handled with care enough to have ascertained enough due process.
      • With the high workload we already have, we won't have enough resources to entertain more appeals.
    • If you create another appeal, that appeal thread will be archived.
      • If you repeat this too many times, all your old appeals will be archived, and the newest appeal will be used to determine your spot in the line. (effectively making yours last in line again).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.