1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived 76561198047898037 ONTOPOFU ( SR SCAMMER )

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ONTOPOFU, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONTOPOFU

ONTOPOFU New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43816154
    steamID: ONTOPOFU
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:43816154
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047898037
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198047898037

On the day when people started duping items I received 3 or 4 gifts not through trade they were sent through steam and received like a drop. I have never seen this before and opened the gifts. What I found was some reg hats and a earbud. What I did next was ask the FULL admins on my server which I was a jr.admin on what do I do. The consensus was give them away or delete them. I couldn't see deleting a bud and was not fully up to speed on what was happening yet I gave the bud away and deleted the hat. These items were not traded to me. I opened no trade with anyone, and they were from people I deal with all the time on the server. Long story short I took advantage of no exploit and I certainly have never scammed anyone. I do a lot of unboxing and if you look at my history, I give a lot of items away in free entry mass crabs and to new comers. This tag is inappropriate, especially since I had no control over someone sending a gift through the system. I have opened a ticket with steam, and if I hear anything back I will update this with the Intel I receive.

Thank you for your time.
  2. Ben

Ben New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7959570
    Can you provide information if the trade ban is permanent or not, it should have told you in the notification you were sent on steam.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You are not marked with an SR tag, you will have to address your issue with valve directly.
  4. ONTOPOFU

ONTOPOFU New User

Steam:
    ah sorry its a trade ban 2 weeks
  5. ONTOPOFU

ONTOPOFU New User

Steam:
    O Thank you for the quik responce I just saw a red shield trade banned and over the shield at the very top says scammer.
  6. ONTOPOFU

ONTOPOFU New User

Steam:
    I must say I did not expect such a quik responce thank you for clarifying. I just saw the scammer over the shield and jumped to conclusions.
  7. Ben

Ben New User

Steam:
    When the tradeban expires in 2 weeks it will automatically be downgraded to a VALVE PROBATION (similar to a Caution) and your Trade Status on your profile will say Probation.
  8. ONTOPOFU

ONTOPOFU New User

Steam:
    I am expecting valve to remove the ban and hope that makes a difference here aswell.
  9. Ben

Ben New User

Steam:
    Give it a shot I guess, you'll have to provide a list of evidence to show your innocence, even if you fail you're still unbanned within 2 weeks and I'm not sure how the probation works, it either stays there forever or disappears after a few months.
  10. Beshio

Beshio New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34351605
    I think it is 3 months/1 year.
  11. Starburst

Starburst New User

Never was marked with an SR tag, is on Valve probation, and has been offline for 27 days as of this post. Marking as Archive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.