1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SteamRep Abuse.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Stig, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stig

Stig New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48287705
  2. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Honestly, I'll quote the top comment on reddit right now:
    It's hard to say it better than that, all of d0's evidence has been that it was meant to be a troll, or a joke, or some other excuse for his behavior. Back when he first was cautioned for asking for fake rep, I said the following:
    Despite that, he's consistently chosen to continue suspicious behavior and states it was merely trolling. How many warnings do you think is appropriate? How much evidence do you think is needed to prove someone isn't here to help the community. I have nothing personal against d0, I know he thinks I do, but ultimately, he says he wants to help the community, that he's an innocent, helpless trader and that he is being targeted. But that's false, people who want to help the community don't commit fraud, whether on the pretense of trolling/joking or not, this isn't some big deal over a refined, we're talking about thousands of dollars, this isn't an average or little trade of the community, this is a high value trade that is garnered a lot of attention, for better or worse. The fact that these cases are coming up isn't targeting, it's a direct result of his actions.

As far as the evidence within his case:
    Ultimately, I'm fine to discuss the issues of SR with anyone, there's problems, but we need suggestions and solutions, more substantial than just "add staff" or "close SR".
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    really? Tryin to play the "ohh I'm sick and no feel good and nobody is nice to me" move? After reading just that I closed the tab so I wouldn't be subjected to any more nonsense and ruin my lunch.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I've read somewhere he's supposedly 22, but that behavior...
    Hitman Sparky and Roudydogg1 like this.
  5. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    His threads die because noone sides with him, he waits a week, then reups his thread, been a few months now and hes still at it.

#YUFEDTROL
    #BUTTHURT
    #FROZENLETITGO
    #LOLREDDIT
  7. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46250366
    Logged in just to upvote this.
    #REDDIT4LIFE
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    +REP
  9. n0:name

n0:name FoG Owner Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26752334
    -rep

thread.derail()
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    But ya see if I don't +rep him so he can delete it, it won't give me nothing to complain about to SR Officials later!!
  11. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    No more off topic posts.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members).**
    Eoj Nawoh and Hitman Sparky like this.
  12. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46250366
    Okay :(

Again - this is why none of these topics are posted in the actual trading communities on reddit. The majority of traders - regardless of their feelings toward how SR is currently operating - understand the value this site provides. The reason there is this kind of bitching even allowed is purely because it's not on the trading subs. I'm not saying I'd ever remove a thread from one of the trading subs, rather - I'm saying it'd probably get more blowback than it does in r/tf2 (or r/steam).

If anyone ever wanted to start such a thread in one of the trading communities, then it would be welcomed. Notifying the mod staff of the sub beforehand would help - we could A) make sure you're not just a troll and B) try to help dissuade other trolls and other nonsense. The recent AMA is a good example. Frank conversations are best when there's a bit of prep.

And bitching/sensationalism != frank conversation. In case that wasn't clear.
    Roudydogg1, Hitman Sparky and Lava like this.
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    No, you mean: (Thread/derail) = Error: Divide by Zero

And I never really cared for those bitching threads around. The only thing I will indulge for is that I become more verbose on the report(s) or appeal(s) they are bitching about. More readers mean a small chance (0.0001 %) they actually read it.
    Hence this on the Wayne report: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.98621/#post-274984
  14. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    D0 might be one of the only users more unintelligent than anti-protest, EFF and big mac.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    d0 was the typical "ostrich" maneuver: stick head in sand and s✿✿✿ as hard you can to ignore everything... much like his chat in the report...

I would have to disagree on setting those on the same "level" as "big mac". There is no equal to "big mac", I'll refer to ... I believe its Tio's signature... the one with Einstein, the universe and stupidity.
  16. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Big Mac is one of a kind. He's basically Adam 2.0 (rip anyone who hasn't been around long enough to understand that reference) and d0 comes no where close to that
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  17. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    lol ForteSP.. calling me unintelligent but you didn't have the smarts to reply to me on the report you created on F-O-G calling out your uninformed argument.
  18. You Are The One

Steam:
    What happened to keeping this on topic? for shame SR staff derailing this thread.
  19. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    That would be Forte

20. You Are The One

Steam:
    No, it was SR who let it continue.
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
Thread Status: