1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Worst scammer ever or very stupid trader?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Bulldozzorr, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulldozzorr

Bulldozzorr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34232861
    Don't really know what to say... i had time to waste so i decided to play with him a little.

Attached Files:

2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    You were feeding him xD

Just leave scammers man, report them to Valve, report them to SteamRep. Nothing you can do.

It is of course possible he is not a scammer however suspicious he was acting. Finally, profile reputation means nothing, don't try and use it in trades like this (nor does it matter what game it is from).
  3. Bulldozzorr

Bulldozzorr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34232861
    Yeah i was totally playing with him, was just having fun. I spotted him when he offered like 130$ for my unusual. But he was very stupid imo, and i hope he wasted here a lot of time ^^
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Oh, but thats what I do approve: waste their time, it will get them less effort elsewhere.
  5. Mя Cчəəz™

Mя Cчəəz™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54496091
    One thing I do to ensure these things don't happen when you are only trying to trade within the Steam ecosystem is to tell them to pay key traders. They sell keys (at mass) for ~1.9-2.0, so everything you get stays within the non-scammable system and they also usually pay less.
  6. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
    I love messing with scammers. I'll act all ignorant, playing along with their scheme, making them think they reeled in a good one. Then I'll cancel at the last moment after I made them run around in chat circles for 20 minutes prior. I waste my own time but I love pissing them off at the very end.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    oh, at the end you can still goof it off, cancel the trade say the trade window stayed black etc... they will make a trade offer, you ask you "mom" for access to the email, etc... can drag that kind of stuff for a long time.
    Oh, putting them in "hold" is also nice: Oh, I need to go to the bathroom, brb
    1 hour later: oh, hey, sorry, after the bathroom I got called by a buddy of mine, had to do stuff
  8. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
    Have the trade window open forever and say "trying 2 find item xD"
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    him finally giving up, doing a trade offer, you do: another trade offer, with a crate, telling 'm that was the wrong one, it was your collection item.
    Leves, Roudydogg1 and USAFMike like this.
  10. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    I have so many stories. However, my favorite thing to do is make them buy something they don't need. For example, this one time this guy had renamed his bills hat a "Vintage bills hat" (back when it was worth about $70) He wanted my unusual hat worth about $60. I insist that I "NEED" an unusual nuts n bolts football helmet before considering doing the trade. So he goes out to go buy one and comes back with it , VERY eager to trade. Then I'm like, OMG, that isn't a vintage bills, its just renamed. Just kidding, I knew the whole time. He's all "thats f✿✿✿ed up". I say, "Trying to scam someone is f✿✿✿ed up. And if you don't change that name I'm gonna report you. He agrees to erase the name and does.

More recently, this guy tries to get me to "join this tournament" in Dota. It's a newish type scam where once you join they insist you install some malware voice system like mumble. Anyways, so I open dota and he sends me an invite thingy. I tell him they need to wait because I have to s✿✿✿. I then come back after some time later pretending to be all panic-y. OMG, DID I MISS IT, PLEASE NO. I then spam the invite to voice message thing, which is VERY annoying while at the same time spamming random letters as fast as i can; literally barraging him with sound. He's like what is wrong with you. I tell him, tell you scammer friends don't you even try with me or they're next. He then goes offline :D
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    The fake mumble install is what caused me to put the current message on the main site.
    Infamous Snake likes this.
  12. Infamous Snake

Infamous Snake New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58001814
    Man, the best time i had in my life was messing with someone with the half zatoichi calling it "the super saiyan sword" claiming it to be worth 3x my unusual. Ofcourse the right thing to do is mess with their heads and in the end be like "oh yeah wait sorry i already have that" and cancel last second. Those were the days :)
  13. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    And this is where I think the thread has out lived its value.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.