1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198071611648 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Renard the Dragon warrior, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renard the Dragon warrior

Renard the Dragon warrior New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52759281
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198071611648

Victim profile: 76561198065784290

What happened? Description:
    he was trading a spine chilling skull for 1 key and I provide the wrap when I traded him he unfriended me and blocked me then sold my items for metal​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. CCPD

CCPD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54421459
    It would be very useful if you could provide screenshots of your chat log with accused to see your agreement with him.
  3. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3551729
    @Renard the Dragon warrior - Could you please also upload screenshots of the complete chat. However the most important part is the agreement as CCPD has stated.
  4. Chimi

Chimi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:683286
    Hi. I'm the TF2TP mod that marked Hello / Spire as a TF2TP scammer.

On the 25th, I responded to a TF2TP report made by the victim, 76561198065784290, stating that he had attempted to follow through on this trade (http://tf2tp.com/trade/10388865), made by the alleged scammer, 76561198071611648, and that the alleged scammer received both a key and a gift wrap before blocking/defriending the victim instead of wrapping the item and gifting it - a relatively standard case in TF2TP moderation duties. I verified through TF2TP that the alleged scammer still had the desired item in his inventory, that there was recent activity on the alleged scammer's TF2TP account, a matching trade, and then admin-messaged and added the victim to get a screenshot of the trade history and urge him to report the theft to SteamRep. The victim and I spoke - I suggested that he file a SteamRep report, at which point he showed me the above screenshot of his one-sided trade. Having the proof that I thought was sufficient, I placed the TF2TP Scammer tag on the alleged scammers profile. The victim created his SteamRep report soon after.

Today, the 27th, I was added by the alleged scammer, sporting a shiny new matching profile icon and name. When asked for screenshots of his trade history from the date, he took over 30 minutes to produce this:

[​IMG]

I believe this screenshot to be a doctored image.

He also provided other screenshots of his trade history, which do not appear to have been altered - here is an example of a trade history page that I do not believe has been altered by him:

[​IMG]

Notice on this unaltered screenshot, that the backgrounds of each trade rotate between dark-gray and light-gray - look again at the first image, where we have 3 trades in a row with dark-gray backgrounds. This indicates that there are two trades he has neglected to display. Look very closely at the bottom of the 2nd trade - there is a very thin light-gray line at the bottom, indicating a sloppy job at slicing up images. Look also at the scrollbar between the first image (showing 4 trades) and the second image which shows 2 of the same trades from the first page, as well as more beneath. In the second image, the scroll bar is at least 100+ pixels away from where it should be.

I have checked with two other moderators who both see the exact discrepancies I am talking about.

Based on my experience, I believe that the alleged scammer has lied to me during my investigation, and is guilty of both scamming the victim and tampering with evidence. Based on my intuition, I believe the alleged scammer is an alt account of 76561198013274553 due to multiple IP matches generated through TF2TP as well.

If the alleged scammer wishes to prove their innocence beyond a shadow of a doubt, I would suggest to him to allow a SteamRep staff-member an opportunity to use a remote desktop connection utility to see first-hand what his Steam Trade History shows.

For posterity:
    Chat Log Part #1 between myself and the alleged scammer: http://i.imgur.com/rcxS48U.png
    Chat Log Part #2 between myself and the alleged scammer: http://i.imgur.com/VNLB1yQ.png

NOTE: I will admit to editing the above Trade History screenshots that the alleged scammer sent me - I only removed his account name from the top-right corner. I can of course provide mirrors to the original screenshots for any SR mod who needs them.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please contact me immediately through Steam.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.